The 16 regional rounds have been announced and the rest of the 48 teams will be announced on Memorial Day at 12 p.m. ET on ESPNU.
In addition to the field of 64 being announced, the top-eight national seeds, first-round regional pairings and site assignments will be announced. The committee will set the entire 64-team bracket through both the super regionals and the first round of the Men's College World Series, and will not reseed the field after play begins.
There is some drama with Mountain West teams. First, where will San Diego State be placed in the field, and the other is if Nevada will earn an at-large spot after failing to win a single Mountain West tournament game.
Here are the 16 host regionals.
- Baton Rouge, La.- LSU (48-10)
- Champaign, Ill.- Illinois (47-8-1)
- College Station, Texas - Texas A&M (45-11)
- Coral Gables, Fla.- Miami (Fla.) (44-14)
- Dallas, Texas - Dallas Baptist (43-13)
- Fort Worth, Texas - TCU (43-11)
- Fullerton, Calif.- Cal State Fullerton (34-22)
- Gainesville, Fla.- Florida (*43-16)
- Houston, Texas - Houston (42-18)
- Lake Elsinore, Calif.- UC Santa Barbara (40-15-1)
- Los Angeles, Calif.- UCLA (42-14)
- Louisville, Ky.- Louisville (43-16)
- Nashville, Tenn.- Vanderbilt (*42-18)
- Springfield, Mo.- Missouri State (45-10)
- Stillwater, Okla.- Oklahoma State (37-18)
- Tallahassee, Fla.- Florida State (41-19)