Fresno State 41, Boise State 40: It is starting to look like Fresno State's defense is not all that great and will need the offense to not turn the ball over to win. Aaron Baltazar is closely moving closer to supplant Jay Ajayi as the starting running back pot for BYU.
Alabama 31, Colorado State 6: Who cares what the Alabama effort level was against Colorado State, the Rams defense played extremely well against the Crimson Tide. Colorado State held Alabama to 2 of 10 on third downs.
Oregon State 34, San Diego State 30: Quinn Kaehler is an improvement over Adam Dingwell at quarterback, but he still has issues, see that pick-six. The Aztecs were close to reversing its fortunes, but then the team fell flat to allow Oregon State in the fourth quarter to lose.
Nevada 31, Hawaii 9: Is Norm Chow using a four-sided dice to pick his quarterback? He played four different quarterbacks and possibly burned Ikaika Woolsey's redshirt. Nevada quarterback Tyler Stewart is likely better than we thought, but again this was against Hawaii.
Wyoming 56, Air Force 23: Brett Smith is the real deal, yes this was against a poor Air Force secondary, but going 35 of 41 for 373 yards and four touchdowns is great regardless of opponent. Air Force ran the ball fine with 346 yards, but the defense is still a glaring issue.
More from Mountain West Connection:
- PODCAST: Week 4 Mountain West football recap
- New Conference Member SJSU Will Have Young Lineup
- College football Coaches Poll, Week 5: Fresno State moves up to No. 23
- Week 5 college football rankings, AP Poll: Fresno State enters at No. 25
- Aztecs stumble late and lose to Beavers 34-30
- Nevada Dominates Hawaii in 31-9 Victory
- Colorado State vs. Alabama final score: Garrett Grayson fumble dooms Rams, fall 31-6