Boise State is hosting Air Force Friday night in a Mountain West showdown between a pair of Mountain division teams. For Air Force this is their second conference game, and their conference opener did not go well as they were throttled 52-20 against Utah State.
Boise State is looking for some real competition after getting embarrassed 38-6 by Washington in the season opener, and last week they got back on track against FCS level Tennessee-Martin. That game against an FCS team gave Boise State plenty of time to work out some kinks, but Air Force will provide a much stiffer challenge.
For Air Force they are looking to avoid going 0-2 in conference play, but they are a three-touchdown underdog and are playing with a backup quarterback in Jaleel Awini who is adequate but nothing special.
This is the only college football game on Friday night, so there is no excuse to not watch this game.
WHEN: Friday, Sept. 13, 8:00 PM ET
WHERE: Bronco Stadium, Boise, Idaho
RADIO: KBOI (670 AM) and KKGL (96.9 FM) in the Boise area. KVOR AM 740 in Colorado Springs; The Fan 104.3 in Denver.
SERIES RECORD: 1-0 Boise State
LAST MEETING: 2011, in Bronco Stadium, Boise State 37, Air Force 26.
ODDS: Boise State is favored by 23.5 points.
More from Mountain West Connection:
- Boise State Broncos vs. Air Force Falcons: Game Preview
- Hawaii Football bye week musings: A look at injuries
- Wyoming vs. Northern Colorado 2013: Game Preview
- Coleman Key sees himself as future starting quarterback for Colorado State
- PODCAST: Week 3 Mountain West football preview
- Nevada Travels Cross-Country to Take on Florida State