Fresno State and Utah State will lock horns in the first ever Mountain West title game Saturday night. The game has been discussed a lot this week leading up to Saturday night, and now it is time to just play the game. This is the first meeting between the two schools this year, but the 23rd overall, including playing each year from 2005-2011 when both schools were part of the WAC.
The key to Saturday's game will be how well the conference rated No. 1 offense in Fresno State will do going up against Utah State who has the leagues best defense, and vice versa. The one key difference is that Utah State has a better offense when comparing it to the Fresno State defense, and could be the factor as to how this game unfolds.
Date/time: Saturday, Dec. 7, 10 p.m. ET
Location: Bulldog Stadium, Fresno, Calif.
TV: CBS Sports
Radio: Utah State sports radio network, Fresno State sports radio network or SIRIUS 92 / XM 192
Weather: Low in 30s, any rain that happens should be during the day and gone by kickoff.
Odds: Fresno State is favored by 3.5 points.
History: Fresno State leads the all-time series 14-8-1
- Mountain West championship game 2013: Who wins, Fresno State or Utah State
- Mountain West championship 2013: Fresno State to wear all-black uniforms
- Mountain West championship game 2013: Utah State's press conference with head coach Matt Wells, players
- VIDEO: Mountain West title game preview
- Utah State head coach Matt Wells on Fresno State's WR's: 'They are like the Globetrotters on grass'