The wait is over, or at least that is the reports. News coming out of Colorado Springs, Colo., is saying that Air Force vs. San Diego State will go on as scheduled Thursday night at 9 p.m. ET, and will be seen on CBS Sports Network.
A quick look at the Air Force athletics official Twitter account and they say otherwise, "Our hope is that all AF sports will play this week, including football."
While nothing is official from the schools, it seems that the game will be played since the San Diego State equipment truck left as plan for the approximately 20-hour drive from San Diego to the Air Force Academy.
This game had been in limbo since the government has been in shutdown and all intercollegiate sporting events have been canceled for almost two weeks now. Assuming the game will be played this will save both teams a lot of headaches, especially San Diego State who could have lost $125,000 in flights and hotel rooms for not playing this Thursday.
More from Mountain West Connection:
- Week 6 simulated BCS standings: Fresno State holds steady at No. 22
- Week 7 early college football lines: Boise State a touchdown favorite over Utah State
- VOTE: Mountain West preseason player awards
- San Diego State vs. Air Force: Monday could provide game status update
- PODCAST: Week 6 Mountain West football recap
- 2013 Week 7 Mountain West football coverage