It’s another week of the MWC Recruiting Roundup.
The calendar has turned to September and recruiting will be gaining steam over the next few weeks as we hit the prime period of the recruiting cycle. Teams will be hosting official visitors and commitments will be plentiful once again in due time.
For this week, there were a few different things going on. Offers were handed out. Visits occurred. There were two known Mountain West commitments (BSU and Nevada), and even a decommittment happened. Boise State actually had one in each category, which doesn’t happen often. As for the cover photo, it is the Broncos this week.
Class of 2021 Cover Photo Total:
- Utah State: 6
- Air Force: 4
- Boise State: 4
- Fresno State: 3
- New Mexico: 3
- San Diego State: 3
- Wyoming: 2
- Colorado State: 1
- Hawaii: 1
- Nevada: 1
- San Jose State: 1
- UNLV: 1
We are currently in an evaluation period from now through most of November. Athletes can visit colleges through official and unofficial visits. Just as importantly, coaches can watch players in person at their high school games. Here is the official definition:
An evaluation period is that period of time when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to be involved in off-campus activities designed to assess the academic qualifications and playing ability of prospective student-athletes. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts shall be made with the prospective student-athlete during an evaluation period.
Recruits, Coaches, and Parents!— MATT RAZZANO (@Matt_Razzano) August 14, 2021
Here is the 2021-2022 D1 FBS Recruiting Calendar This calendar will tell you when
- You can take official/unofficial visits
- Our coaches can attend your games/make school visits
- Coaches can make home visits
- Recruiting dead periods pic.twitter.com/XWjnEASOhK
Also, September 1st is the first day schools can actively recruit players in the 2023 class through letters, emails, texts, and social media.
Air Force Commitment Tracker:
Since the Air Force Academy regularly has around 100 commits in each class, it’s kind of fun to track them over the course of the year.
Number of Falcon verbal commits: 38
LB Kaeo Akana (Boise State)
“The visit was amazing I enjoyed it very much!! From the fans, the coaches, and the community was just an awesome place! Felt like home. I got to talk with the coaches. We talked football and where I would fit in!”
- JUCO OL Tyrone Webber was offered by Boise State
- 2023 RB Torey Lambert was offered by Nevada
- WR/DB Carson Hegerle was offered by UNLV
- OL Noah McKinney was offered by UNLV
- JUCO WR Cortez Braham was offered by UNLV
- LB Kaeo Akana visited Boise State
- OL/DL Dawson Rudd visited Boise State (Unofficial)
- OL/DL Noah McKinney visited UNLV (Unofficial)
- RB Ashton Jeanty committed to Boise State
- DB Corey Lambert committed to Nevada
- Mason Graham decommitted from Boise State (and committed to Michigan)
Follow @Mike_SBN on Twitter for all the latest recruiting news and updates.