We are at the mid-point of the week and with it comes the latest links pertaining to the Mountain West Conference and college sports in general. Check out what is coming your way today as the links press on.
Although all anyone can talk about online is conference realignment possibilities, no one is talking about Colorado State. The article states CSU had a legit shot to join the conference in 2016 (although that doesn’t seem accurate), allegedly making the cut to the final group. along with Cincinnati before the conference decided against expanding. However now they are not mentioned among the rumors or trendy picks by sportswriters.
First it was Jimmy Kimmel. Now it’s Barstool Sports. They are now the exclusive title sponsor and broadcast partner of the Arizona Bowl. This means that the Barstool Arizona Bowl will move off CBS Sports when it airs this year on Dec 31st. It’s quite the change and could be the start of a new trend or perhaps it will fall flat on its face.
California schools requiring vaccines.
Cal State system will require students and staff on campus to be vaccinated.— Chris Vannini (@ChrisVannini) July 27, 2021
This includes San Diego State, San Jose State and Fresno State. https://t.co/nZxkY9OiSw
On the horizon:
- Later today: Peak Perspective: Peak Perspective: Media Day Follow Up (and beyond)
- Later today: Boise State Top 10 Players: #5
- Thursday: Outside Look at the MWC with Nick Simon
- Friday: MWCConnection Roundtable: Will there be another round of conference realignment and if so, will it affect the Mountain West in any way?
- Friday: Friday Night Lights Review S1E22. The season finale.