It’s another week of the MWC Recruiting Roundup.
Recruiting for the class of 2022 is in full force in Mountain West, as new offers are coming out in droves each and every week. With some states playing their football season this spring, coaches can see athletes play and hand out offers accordingly.
Teams continued to be active, but the offers took a sharp decline this past week. Nevada and UNLV were particularly busy over this past period. On the commitment front, two new verbal pledges joined the ranks, both belonging to Air Force. The Falcons get their second week on the banner.
Class of 2021 Cover Photo Total:
- Utah State: 4
- Air Force: 2
- Boise State: 1
- Fresno State: 1
Starting June 1st, recruiting will resume, thanks to the latest NCAA Council ruling. Here are the main points:
- The recruiting calendar will resume June 1st
- State laws will still override the blanket NCAA ruling
- On-campus evaluations can take place during unofficial visits occurring during camps and clinics in June and July.
- The number of evaluation days in the sport will increase from 42 to 56 during the fall 2021 evaluation period only.
- Telephone calls are allowed during a prospective student athlete's junior year or the 2021-22 academic year only.
- Any full-time institutional staff members, current students, and all coaches, can initiate recruiting calls for this recruiting cycle.
Air Force Commitment Tracker:
Since the Air Force Academy regularly has around 100 commits in each class, it’s kind of fun to track them over the course of the year.
Number of Falcon verbal commits: 3
- LB Justin Eklund was offered by Air Force
- TE/DE Jacob Newell was offered by Colorado State
- WR Jace Wilson was offered by Nevada
- WR Jackson Fields was offered by Nevada
- 2023 RB/LB Mana Tapusoa was offered by Nevada
- WR/DB Omari Kellly was offered by UNLV
- WR/DB Jason Oliver was offered by UNLV
- WR/LB Tanner Salisbury was offered by UNLV
- RB/LB Jordan Norwood was offered by UNLV
- JUCO OL Kingsley Ugwu was offered by UNLV
- OL/DL JJ Talo was offered by Utah State
- LS Kurt Chesney committed to Air Force
- TE Bruin Fleischmann committed to Air Force
Follow @Mike_SBN on Twitter for all the latest recruiting news and updates.