It’s the first Monday and we press on with recruiting month here on the site. Check out what recruiting content is coming your way this week, along with the rest of the links, news, and original content.
Michael Katz caught up with three players who are using their extra year of eligibility to find out why. They want to come back to win the Mountain West championship, to stay with the friends and teammates they have met over the years, and to boost their NFL draft stock, as all three are potential NFL picks.
Gordy Presnell, the Boise State women’s basketball coach, got his 700th win at the end of last week. He is the 26th fastest to do so. It’s been a quiet but successful career for Presnell at Boise State.
Spoiler: it’s easier to have 28 3-stars when you sign around 100 players compared to the MWC average of 17. Still, it’s impressive for the Falcons. They signed their third-highest rated recruit ever and have a handful of other intriguing recruits. It’s not to be confused with the best class in the Mountain West, but it’s still a solid one.
The Mountain West ranks the top 5 signees in the 2021 class.
.@AllenTrieu of 247 Sports joins the MWN's @JKurtz_MWN to rank the top five signees in #MWFB as ranked by the 247 Sports composite rankings after National Letter of Intent Signing Day 2021. pic.twitter.com/w2fLkQb26d— Mountain West (@MountainWest) February 5, 2021
Preseason All-MWC Baseball selections.
On the horizon:
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, featuring the final 2021 MWC Team Recruiting Rankings.
- Coming Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: Mountain Division Recruiting
- Coming Tuesday: Our Recruiting Breakdown team series kicks off
- Coming Wednesday: Peak Perspective: What positions do each team excel at developing?
- Coming Wednesday: Part two of our Recruiting Breakdown series.