Monday again and we press on with recruiting month here on the site. Check out what recruiting content is coming your way this week, along with the rest of the links, news, and original content.
The New Mexico athletic department has been in trouble for quite some time now. Now there are more numbers attached to the troubles. They are projecting a budget deficit of somewhere between $12.4 and $13.8 million this year. Part of this is due to Covid and the initial troubles, which they report as $1.6 million after receiving $2 million as part of the CARES act. It’s rough for everyone.
Tim Polasek hated to leave Iowa, but the chance to reunite with old friend Craig Bohl and step into the offensive coordinator role was too good to pass up. Expect to see an offense similar to their time together at North Dakota State while still finding a balance to stay multiple.
Isn’t the point of an offer to be committable? Unfortunately, no. Sometimes it’s first to commit gets the spot. Other times there is a pecking order so you can’t commit if a player higher on the board is still mulling things over. Or else an offer is committable for a certain amount of time before a school starts offering other players. This is a great and somewhat downtrodden story into the weird world of recruiting.
NCAA CFB will be FBS only to start.
SCOOP:— Matt Brown (@MattBrownEP) February 12, 2021
Per this message from the CLC earlier this week the EA Sports College Football game will initially just contain FBS institutions, but other schools could be included later, "as the game evolves" pic.twitter.com/Gdv0EBwxyO
Rice winningest MBB coach in school history.
On the horizon:
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, featuring the teams with the best position units in the 2021 class.
- Later today: Falcon Spring Football Has Begun.
- Coming Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: West Division Recruiting
- Coming Tuesday: Our Recruiting Breakdown team series continues with Nevada
- Coming Wednesday: Peak Perspective: Recruiting Comparisons
- Coming Wednesday: 2021 Recruiting Breakdown Colorado State