Another weekend of college football is in the books! The Mountain West had some highs and lows in their games this past weekend. No matter what the outcomes were, coverage is still coming your way today in the form of game links from the weekend and original content later today and all of this week.
Boise State was not expected to win this game, but some thought they could win in a shootout. Instead, the Broncos came out looking like world-beaters as the Bulldogs struggled to do anything well for most of the game. The turnover bug bit them again.
It has been almost two years since the UNLV football team last got a win. It was the first victory under second-year head coach Marcus Arroyo, and even if they benefited from a few beaks, it still counts. UNLV faced a bad team, got two fumble recoveries leading to easier touchdowns, and New Mexico’s QB left due to an injury. RB Charles Williams was great and every player deserves to celebrate after all they have endured.
After managing only 24 points in their previous three games, Wyoming found its offense, who put up 31 points in a single game. Behind the play of QB Levi Williams, Wyoming took it to rival Colorado State and won back the Bronze Boot.
SJSU saw the return of QB Nick Starkel and along with him, their offense. However, Nevada was able to edge them out and seal the victory. K Brandon Talton kicked another game-winning FG, accompanied by solid play from QB Carson Strong.
Lobo’s soccer wins again.
On the horizon:
- From the weekend: Don’t miss the game recaps from: BSU, Nevada, SJSU, Hawaii, New Mexico
- Later today: MWCConnection Players of the Week: Week 10
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, with the latest news, offers, and interviews.
- Later today: Power Rankings: Week 10
- Coming Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: Week 10
- Coming Wednesday: Peak Perspective: The Chances of each coach returning next season.
- Coming Wednesday: Bowl Projections: Week 10