Another weekend of college football is in the books! The Mountain West had some highs and lows in their games this past weekend. No matter what the outcomes were, coverage is still coming your way today in the form of game links from the weekend and original content later today and all of this week.
This one wasn’t as close as the score would indicate, and the score says Nevada won handily. The Wolf Pack were in control from start to finish, as they spread the ball around on offense and prevented UNLV from getting anything going when they had the ball until the game was already in hand. The cannon remains blue.
Fresno State seemed like a good bet to beat SDSU on paper entering the game. However, when the game began, the Bulldogs had little issue, jumping out to a strong start and pretty much had the game in hand from the get go. Playing well on both sides of the ball made all the difference.
Oddsmakers had this one as a close game and it sure was. CSU jumped out to a big lead, going ahead 13-0 early. However, the Broncos found their footing and made adjustments that have eluded them all season. In their best second half of the season, they came from behind and nullified the Rams strong punting game, scoring on 2 97+ yard drives.
Utah State’s offense is truly a sight to behold. They jumped out to a huge lead and then was able to hold off some attempts at a comeback by Hawaii. Star wide received Deven Thompkins went over 1000 yards for the season (with lots of games left to go) during the game and the Aggies spread the ball around effectively. With the win, they are now bowl eligible.
Bulldogs in the Rankings.
On the horizon:
- From the weekend: Don’t miss the game recaps from: Nevada, Utah State, Boise State, SJSU, Hawaii
- Later today: MWCConnection Players of the Week: Week 9
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, with the latest news, offers, and interviews.
- Later today: Power Rankings: Week 9
- Coming Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: Week 9
- Coming Wednesday: Peak Perspective: Is Parody good or bad for the conference?
- Coming Wednesday: Bowl Projections: Week 9