It’s another week of the MWC Recruiting Roundup.
The recruiting cycle is in full force. Teams will be hosting official visitors and commitments will be plentiful once again in due time. Something that seems a bit new this year is how teams are prioritizing recruits in the class of 2023 already. Perhaps teams set their sights on future classes sooner due to taking fewer high school recruits and more transfer portal players as of late.
For this week, offers were handed out, visits occurred, and new commits were announced. There were numerous known commitments this past week; one for Air Force Boise State, and Utah State. Also, two each for both New Mexico and Fresno State. As for the cover photo, the Bulldogs earn a place on the banner this week.
Class of 2021 Cover Photo Total:
- Utah State: 6
- Fresno State: 5
- San Diego State: 5
- Air Force: 4
- Boise State: 4
- New Mexico: 3
- Hawaii: 2
- UNLV: 2
- Wyoming: 2
- Colorado State: 1
- Nevada: 1
- San Jose State: 1
We are currently in an evaluation period from now through most of November. Athletes can visit colleges through official and unofficial visits. Just as importantly, coaches can watch players in person at their high school games. Here is the official definition:
An evaluation period is that period of time when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to be involved in off-campus activities designed to assess the academic qualifications and playing ability of prospective student-athletes. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts shall be made with the prospective student-athlete during an evaluation period.
Recruits, Coaches, and Parents!— MATT RAZZANO (@Matt_Razzano) August 14, 2021
Here is the 2021-2022 D1 FBS Recruiting Calendar This calendar will tell you when
- You can take official/unofficial visits
- Our coaches can attend your games/make school visits
- Coaches can make home visits
- Recruiting dead periods pic.twitter.com/XWjnEASOhK
Also, September 1st is the first day schools can actively recruit players in the 2023 class through letters, emails, texts, and social media.
Air Force Commitment Tracker:
Since the Air Force Academy regularly has around 100 commits in each class, it’s kind of fun to track them over the course of the year.
Number of Falcon verbal commits: 43
October Team Recruiting Rankings:
For comparison’s sake, take a look at the September rankings.
Disclaimer: These rankings are not a projection of what will happen, but a snapshot of where things stand now.
1) Boise State
2) San Diego State
3) Utah State
4) Fresno State
6) San Jose State
8) Air Force
10) Colorado State
11) New Mexico
As many of you may know by now, I like to also break lists like these down into tiers. Tiers can be helpful to provide a different angle to look at things. If one made an argument for flipping some of the spots on this list but kept them within the same tier, I wouldn’t put up much of a debate.
Tier 1: Boise State, San Diego State
Tier 2: Utah State, Fresno State
Tier 3: Nevada, San Jose State
Tier 4: UNLV, Air Force
Tier 5: Wyoming, Colorado State
Tier 6: New Mexico, Hawaii
- LB Jackson Adams was offered by Air Force
- JUCO DE Deven Wright was offered by Boise State
- JUCO WR Cam Camper was offered by Hawaii
- 2023 WR Jakobi Lane was offered by Nevada
- OL Don Dixon III was offered by New Mexico
- QB Jah’mar Sanders was offered by New Mexico
- DE Kaz Melzer was offered by New Mexico
- JUCO TE Will Dennis was offered by New Mexico
- WR Reggie Givhan was offered by New Mexico
- JUCO TE Rick Groce was offered by New Mexico
- LB Jordan Pollard was offered by SJSU
- WR Kejuan Bullard was offered by SJSU
- RB Cam McWright was offered by SJSU
- JUCO DE Julian Sanderlin was offered by SJSU
- JUCO WR Jeremiah Aaron was offered by UNLV
- TE Anthony Olsen was offered by Utah State
- TE Etano Foster was offered by Utah State
- JUCO DE Cortez Hogans was offered by Utah State
- DB Devin Dunn committed to Air Force
- OL Tyson Molio’o committed to Boise State
- WR Jalen Moss committed to Fresno State
- DB Jamarion Briggs committed to Fresno State
- DB Zach Morris committed to New Mexico
- DB Bryson Taylor committed to New Mexico
- DB Jordan Drew committed to Utah State
- QB Brayten Silbor decommitted to New Mexico
Follow @Mike_SBN on Twitter for all the latest recruiting news and updates.