It’s halfway through the week and Mountain West games are just two days away. As always, the links press on. Check out what is coming your way today and the rest of the week.
Cowboys making a QB change.
Following a horrid display of offense the past few weeks and some post-game frustration on Saturday, Craig Bowl announced Levi Williams will start at quarterback this weekend. The Cowboys have only scored 3 points in the past two games, in which both QBs have played. It remains to be seen if the change will make a difference.
On Tuesday, Four Peaks Brewing, announced a partnership with Wolf Pack Sports and Nevada athletics to produce the official Wolf Pack beer, the Howler. It’s a golden lager (5.2 percent ABV). The Howler will be on tap at Mackay Stadium starting this Friday against UNLV. It will be available in stores beginning the week of November 1st.
Fremont Cannon Rivalry.
It’s cannon week!!! The best rivalry trophy in sports will take center stage this weekend. Chris Murray takes a look at the 13 most memorable games in its history, which has been taking place since 1969.
Over first three months of the NIL Era, some data from @opendorse:— Ross Dellenger (@RossDellenger) October 21, 2021
- B1G leads all conferences in compensation
- football & men's basketball account for nearly 80% of compensation
- posting content accounts for 87% of activities
- DI athletes have made an average of $391 on NIL pic.twitter.com/oAKtyu9XQR
Half a power?
Wish me luck.— Mountain West (@MountainWest) October 22, 2021
Pitching a new brand campaign to the Commissioner.
Mountain West: Power 5.5
-The Intern pic.twitter.com/NzFnDBEgkj
On the horizon:
- Later today: Peak Perspective: Which teams are going bowling?
- Later today: Week 8 Bowl Predictions.
- Thursday: RWP: Hawaii @ Utah State: Three things to look for, Prediction
- Thursday: Wolf Pack Week 9 preview and prediction: UNLV Rebels
- Friday: More game previews coming your way.