Another weekend of college football is in the books! The Mountain West played some fun games this past weekend, as well as some truly awful game. No matter what the outcomes were, coverage is still coming your way today in the form of game links from the weekend and original content later today and all of this week.
Rams rush the end, Aggies benefit.
It was a good, close game and Colorado State was set up to win it. Then they didn’t. The Rams got into field goal range after a first down, with enough time left for a game-winning kick. However, players nor coaches realized the ball could be spiked and instead they rushed the kick and missed the kick. It was a huge blunder that likely cost them the game.
Cowboys offense is lifeless, Lobos show life.
The Wyoming offense continues to be nonexistent (for another year), being held to a lone field goal after being shut out last week. They rotated QBs, which didn’t help either of them get going. Both expressed frustration and doubts going forward. They have now lost 3 straight despite a strong defense.
Aztecs best Falcons.
In a battle of two defensive teams with strong rushing attacks, the Aztecs were in control most of the game. They pitched a first-half shutout, using their speed on defense to contain the option attack. The SDSU offense did just enough, and the team passed another test as they continue to win.
Bulldogs narrowly beat Wolf Pack.
In the best MWC game of the weekend, two very good teams went head-to-head and Fresno State came away victorious. Nevada scored a touchdown with two seconds left in the game, but failed to convert the two-point conversion. The Bulldogs rode a heavy rushing attack to a win, racking up 205 yards on the ground.
Over first three months of the NIL Era, some data from @opendorse:— Ross Dellenger (@RossDellenger) October 21, 2021
- B1G leads all conferences in compensation
- football & men's basketball account for nearly 80% of compensation
- posting content accounts for 87% of activities
- DI athletes have made an average of $391 on NIL pic.twitter.com/oAKtyu9XQR
Half a power?
Wish me luck.— Mountain West (@MountainWest) October 22, 2021
Pitching a new brand campaign to the Commissioner.
Mountain West: Power 5.5
-The Intern pic.twitter.com/NzFnDBEgkj
— Mountain West (@MountainWest) October 24, 2021
San Diego State is top 20 in the Coaches' Poll!#AtThePeak | #MWFB | #GoAztecs pic.twitter.com/CQ78sAS4SE
On the horizon:
- From the weekend: Don’t miss the game recaps from: SJSU, Nevada, Hawaii, Utah State, New Mexico.
- Later today: MWCConnection Players of the Week: Week 8
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, with the latest news, offers, and interviews.
- Later today: Power Rankings: Week 8
- Coming Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: Week 8
- Coming Wednesday: Peak Perspective: Which teams are going bowling?
- Coming Wednesday: Bowl Projections: Week 8