It’s another week of the MWC Recruiting Roundup.
The recruiting cycle is in full force. Teams will be hosting official visitors and commitments will be plentiful once again in due time. Something that seems a bit new this year is how teams are prioritizing recruits in the class of 2023 already. Perhaps teams set their sights on future classes sooner due to taking fewer high school recruits and more transfer portal players as of late.
For this week, offers were handed out, visits occurred, and new commits were announced. There were foves known commitments this past week; one for Boise State, and two for both SDSU and UNLV. As for the cover photo, the Aztecs earn a place on the banner this week.
Class of 2021 Cover Photo Total:
- Utah State: 6
- San Diego State: 5
- Air Force: 4
- Boise State: 4
- Fresno State: 4
- New Mexico: 3
- Hawaii: 2
- UNLV: 2
- Wyoming: 2
- Colorado State: 1
- Nevada: 1
- San Jose State: 1
We are currently in an evaluation period from now through most of November. Athletes can visit colleges through official and unofficial visits. Just as importantly, coaches can watch players in person at their high school games. Here is the official definition:
An evaluation period is that period of time when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to be involved in off-campus activities designed to assess the academic qualifications and playing ability of prospective student-athletes. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts shall be made with the prospective student-athlete during an evaluation period.
Recruits, Coaches, and Parents!— MATT RAZZANO (@Matt_Razzano) August 14, 2021
Here is the 2021-2022 D1 FBS Recruiting Calendar This calendar will tell you when
- You can take official/unofficial visits
- Our coaches can attend your games/make school visits
- Coaches can make home visits
- Recruiting dead periods pic.twitter.com/XWjnEASOhK
Also, September 1st is the first day schools can actively recruit players in the 2023 class through letters, emails, texts, and social media.
Air Force Commitment Tracker:
Since the Air Force Academy regularly has around 100 commits in each class, it’s kind of fun to track them over the course of the year.
Number of Falcon verbal commits: 42
P James Ferguson (Boise State)
“I instantly took a liking for Boise state after talking with Coach Collins for the first time. I met with Coach Collins in July and we spoke about Boise state as a football program, the culture, what they strive for, and the team/program as a whole. The facilities at Boise are absolutely unreal! I love “the blue” and the meaning behind “bleedblue” and all these things were a big turning point for me. They push and support the players to get the best out of them, not only as players but better people. The recruiting staff, coaching staff and players have all made it very welcoming so far and I feel like it’s home away from home already.”
QB Kyle Crum (SDSU)
“There’s a lot of reasons I chose SDSU, the coaches seemed super genuine and interested in getting me ready to play as soon as possible, the location is perfect being far enough away to be on my own but close enough to come home and see my family, the fact that they were the first ones to really believe in me and offer me meant a lot.”
LB Trey White (SDSU)
“I chose SDSU because of the level of football they have, consistently been playing as well as the coaching staff they have now. I felt a really good vibe from them on my visit and I could see myself fitting into their scheme really well. SDSU is also close to home so my family and friends can come to support me whenever they want. Plus the new stadium is just the cherry on top.”
- OL Nate Maier was offered by Fresno State
- 2024 WR Jordan Anderson was offered by Fresno State
- DB Kejuan Bullard was offered by Nevada
- JUCO DE Cortez Hogans was offered by SDSU
- 2025 DB Madden Faraimo was offered by SDSU
- 2023 RB/LB Jerry Mixon was offered by SJSU
- DL Phillip Bradford was offered by UNLV
- 2024 LB Jordan Lockhart was offered by UNLV
- 2025 LB Weston Port was offered by UNLV
- OL Junior Sia was offered by Utah State
- JUCO DL Keith Conley was offered by Utah State
- JUCO LB Nadame Tucker was offered by Utah State
- 2023 ATH Hunter Clegg was offered by Utah State
- 2023 LB Owen Borg was offered by Utah State
- P James Ferguson committed to Boise State
- QB Kyle Crum committed to SDSU
- LB Trey White committed to SDSU
- WR Randy Masters committed to UNLV
- JUCO DL Darius Johnson committed to UNLV
Follow @Mike_SBN on Twitter for all the latest recruiting news and updates.