It’s another week of the MWC Recruiting Roundup.
The calendar has turned to September and recruiting will be gaining steam over the next few weeks as we hit the prime period of the recruiting cycle. Teams will be hosting official visitors and commitments will be plentiful once again in due time.
For this week, offers were handed out, visits occurred, and new commits were announced. There were three known commitments this past week, one for Hawaii and the other two belonged to San Diego State. As for the cover photo, the Aztecs earn a place on the banner this week.
Class of 2021 Cover Photo Total:
- Utah State: 6
- Air Force: 4
- Boise State: 4
- Fresno State: 4
- San Diego State: 4
- New Mexico: 3
- UNLV: 2
- Wyoming: 2
- Colorado State: 1
- Hawaii: 1
- Nevada: 1
- San Jose State: 1
We are currently in an evaluation period from now through most of November. Athletes can visit colleges through official and unofficial visits. Just as importantly, coaches can watch players in person at their high school games. Here is the official definition:
An evaluation period is that period of time when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to be involved in off-campus activities designed to assess the academic qualifications and playing ability of prospective student-athletes. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts shall be made with the prospective student-athlete during an evaluation period.
Recruits, Coaches, and Parents!— MATT RAZZANO (@Matt_Razzano) August 14, 2021
Here is the 2021-2022 D1 FBS Recruiting Calendar This calendar will tell you when
- You can take official/unofficial visits
- Our coaches can attend your games/make school visits
- Coaches can make home visits
- Recruiting dead periods pic.twitter.com/XWjnEASOhK
Also, September 1st is the first day schools can actively recruit players in the 2023 class through letters, emails, texts, and social media.
Air Force Commitment Tracker:
Since the Air Force Academy regularly has around 100 commits in each class, it’s kind of fun to track them over the course of the year.
Number of Falcon verbal commits: 40
DB Jason Oliver (Boise State)
“The visit went really well, the highlights were getting to talk about football with coach Jeron Johnson and with coach Avalos. Of course taking pictures was also a highlight but learning about the program and their foundation was a big part of the trip. I could definitely see myself playing there.”
OL Noah McKinney (UNLV)
“I committed to UNLV because they showed me daily how much they wanted me and it felt like home, like a family. When I was on my unofficial visit, my mom enjoyed it I enjoyed it and my little brothers loved it. The thing that they like about me is my basketball background and how well I can move with my size.”
- 2023 WR/DB Rashid Williams was offered by Fresno State
- QB Elijah Warner was offered by Hawaii
- 2023 OL/DL Ashton Sanders was offered by Nevada
- 2023 OL Alex Doost was offered by Nevada
- LB Jordan Pollard was offered by SDSU
- Transfer OL Bryce Petersen was offered by SJSU
- DB Jaelyn Davis-Robinson was offered by UNLV
- ATH Tao Johnson was offered by UNLV
- 2023 ATH Dean Idgerinn was offered by Utah State
- 2024 DB Isaiah Rubin was offered by Utah State
- OL Mykel Janise was offered by Wyoming
- RB Ashton Jeanty visited Boise State (last week)
- OL Uluakinofo Taliauli visited SJSU (last week)
- JUCO LB Noah Kema committed to Hawaii
- DE Ryan Henderson committed to SDSU
- RB Hassan Mahasin committed to SDSU
- OL Brayden Lilley decomitted from New Mexico
Follow @Mike_SBN on Twitter for all the latest recruiting news and updates.