Another week, another recruiting roundup.
Recruiting hit its peak this with all the movement leading up to signing day and things slow down now with the holidays. Normally, this would be a dead period anyway, but the whole year has technically been a dead period. With two teams focusing more on completing coaching staffs, and many other teams who have completed their classes or nearly have, it’s safe to say recruiting is close to a halt this past week.
Some teams took another step in compiling their 2022 classes with identifying players to offer. Utah State secured two commits as they hope to add to their class. For their efforts, they are on the banner this wee (their first).
Class of 2021 Cover Photo Total:
- Air Force: 8
- Colorado State: 6
- New Mexico: 5
- San Diego State: 5
- Boise State: 4
- Nevada: 3
- UNLV: 3
- Wyoming: 3
- Fresno State: 2
- San Jose State: 2
- Hawaii: 1
- Utah State: 1
The dead period is still alive. But based on what the NCAA is allowing, it seems more like a contact period to some degree, as coaches can have unlimited calls and video meetings during this time.
Update: The Dead Period has been extended through March 2021.
Air Force Commitment Tracker:
Since the Air Force Academy regularly has around 100 commits in each class, it’s kind of fun to track them over the course of the year.
Number of Falcon verbal commits: 68
December Team Recruiting Rankings:
Here are the previous rankings for the sake of comparison. A note about the January rankings: they only factor in players a team has signed and does not account for those verbally committed who did not sign in December or any verbal commits since signing day.
1) Boise State
2) San Diego State
4) Fresno State
5) Colorado State
7) New Mexico
8) Air Force
9) San Jose State
12) Utah State
As many know, tiers can sometimes tell more of the story than straight rankings. If someone ranked teams in a different order but within the same tier, they would have a fair argument. Here are the current tiers:
Tier 1: Boise State
Tier 2: San Diego State, UNLV, Fresno State
Tier 3: Colorado State, Nevada, New Mexico
Tier 4: Air Force
Tier 5: SJSU, Wyoming
Tier 6: Hawaii, Utah State
- DB Cade Harris was offered by Air Force
- 2022 OL Sioape Vatikani was offered by Air Force
- Transfer WR Cyron Sutton was offered by Colorado State
- 2022 RB Ollie Gordon was offered by Hawaii
- 2023 DB Jaden Hunt was offered by Nevada
- 2023 ATH Riley Tug was offered by Nevada
- 2023 QB Richie Munoz was offered by Nevada and SJSU
- 2022 RB Ollie Gordon was offered by SDSU
- Transfer WR Jamarye Joiner was offered by UNLV
- DB Cade Harris committed to Air Force
- ATH Cam Jones committed to Colorado State
- Transfer DB Linwood Crump committed to Colorado State
- LS Anthony Cabrera committed to SDSU
- QB Logan Bonner committed to Utah State
- DB Kyle Mayberry committed to Utah State
Follow @Mike_SBN on Twitter for all the latest recruiting news and updates.