It’s Monday and we are back at it. Check out the latest news below and take a look at what’s coming your way this week.
NCAA delays NIL vote.
The NCAA keeps pushing back the vote on student-athletes benefiting from their name, image, and likeness as well as transfer rules. It was supposed to be this week but once again it will be delayed. With much of this going to state and national legislation, it’s curious that the NCAA seems to be putting the decision in the hands of others. Or knowing the NCAA, maybe it isn’t curious at all.
Andy Avalos named Boise State’s head coach.
Avalos, who played at BSU, later coached as an assistant, spent two years at DC, now is becoming head coach. He was long rumored to be the successor to Harsin and he couldn’t be happier to be coming back home.
MWC alums are all-pro.
Congratulations to all of the players from MW schools who were named to the 2020 AP NFL All-Pro Team!— Mountain West (@MountainWest) January 9, 2021
‣ 3️⃣ first-team selections are the same as the ACC and Big 12 combined
‣ The rest of the G5 had one first-team selection#AtThePeak pic.twitter.com/L0V0Hqs3r4
Wisconsin adds 2026 home game w/Colorado State, sources told @Stadium. 1st reported by @FBSchedules. Rams will receive $1.5 million to play at UW— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) January 8, 2021
Avalos contract details.
#BoiseState head coach Andy Avalos gets a 5-year, $7.75M deal.— Jay Tust (@KTVBSportsGuy) January 10, 2021
• ‘21: $1.4M
• ‘22: $1.475M
• ‘23: $1.55M
• ‘24: $1.625M
• ‘25: $1.7M
• Annual incentive can reach $200K
• Buyout until March ‘23: $3M
• Assistant salary pool: $2.1M ($50K annually increase) pic.twitter.com/C4DVxPA8EQ
On the horizon:
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, filled with the latest news and offers.
- Later today: The Andy Avalos Impact
- Coming Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: Season Review
- Coming Wednesday: Peak Perspective: Impending Transfer Rules