Another week, another recruiting roundup.
One thing you may have noticed on Twitter this weekend was recruits tweeting about official offers. August 1st is the first day schools can give written or official offers. If you follow the recruiting of your favorite team closely, you may notice some verbal offers from the spring aren’t always backed up by official written offers. It’s a good time of year to see who are the high school athletes a team is actually recruiting strongly.
This past week saw 4 new verbals in to the Mountain West. San Diego State had half of them, picking up two commits. Air Force and UNLV had the other two. The Aztecs take their turn on the cover photo this week.
Class of 2021 Cover Photo Total:
- Air Force: 5
- New Mexico: 4
- Colorado State: 4
- UNLV: 3
- San Diego State: 3
- Nevada: 2
- Fresno State: 2
- Hawaii: 1
- San Jose State: 1
The dead period is still alive. But based on what the NCAA is allowing, it seems more like a contact period to some degree, as coaches can have unlimited calls and video meetings during this time.
The NCAA has updated their eligibility requirements for this year:
NCAA Eligibility Center has updated their intital eligibility requirements for 2021-2022 Academic year ‼️ pic.twitter.com/ZZoykA8La0— MATT RAZZANO (@Matt_Razzano) August 18, 2020
Air Force Commitment Tracker:
Looks like it’s time to bring this back. Since the Air Force Academy regularly has around 100 commits in each class, it’s kind of fun to track them over the course of the year.
Number of Falcon verbal commits: 36
- 2022 OL Connor Jones was offered by Colorado State
- WR Kai Jessie was offered by New Mexico
- ATH Braylin Pres was offered by New Mexico
- RB Joseph Himon was offered by New Mexico
- 2022 WR Jeremy Patton was offered by New Mexico
- OL Charlie Pickard was offered by SJSU
- OL Nathan Mejia was offered by SJSU
- DL Jayden Wayne was offered by UNLV
- 2022 WR Darrius Clemons was offered by UNLV
- DB Jonathan Landry was offered by Utah State
- OL Samuel Floysand committed to Air Force
- RB Aaron Dumas committed to New Mexico
- DB Noah Avinger committed to SDSU
- OL Ilaisa Gonebure committed to SDSU
- DB Kilinahe Mendiola-Jensen committed to UNLV
Follow @Mike_SBN on Twitter for all the latest recruiting news and updates.