It’s Monday again and we are here to make the transition a bit easier. MWCConnection has tons of content coming your way this week, including a fun MWC Fantasy Draft series. But first, a look at the some links from around the web.
The Athletic wonders if more teams will cut their losses and go to FCS in football. They use Idaho as a case study here, but admit it’s still too soon to tell how things played out for the Vandals. This post discusses why every situation may be different, if the move would even save money, and that school pride matters.
Dan Phillips said there are no secrets to a good special teams unit. It’s hard work, intensive studying, and in-person instruction. While he admits to wanting the best players out on special teams, it is also a balance to ensure guys are not playing every unit and every snap on offense or defense. Still, special teams will be a priority under Todd Graham, with those meetings following the head coach’s start of practice address, and special teams’ drills occurring in the early parts of practice.
Rivals ranks some G5 positions.
NCAA prioritizing voting.
The NCAA has officially announced that no athletic activities will take place on Election Day (November 3rd), per release.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) June 12, 2020
UNLV gets new partnership.
We are proud to announce our partnership with noted brand consultant @JeremyDarlow. This world renowned city and university will allow our players to build a unique personal brand setting them up for a lifetime of success and opportunity. #BEaREBEL #AlwaysVegasStrong pic.twitter.com/r3qAAeBfor— UNLV Football (@unlvfootball) June 11, 2020
On the horizon:
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, filled with the latest news and offers.
- Later today: Bulldog Bytes: A look at the 1985 team.
- Later today: Our MWC Fantasy Team series kicks off.
- Coming Tuesday: Another edition of The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, looking at games from previous seasons.
- Coming Tuesday: 2020 Look Ahead: Conference Play
- Coming Tuesday: The MWC Fantasy Team series continues.
- Coming Wednesday: Peak Perspective: The UNLV QB Situation.
- Coming Wednesday: The MWC Fantasy Team series continues.