It’s magazine season! Yes, the status of the 2020 college football season is in doubt, but for now we press on. The preseason magazines are hitting grocery store shelves this May/June, and Athlon has revealed their Top 25. Mind you, this is a projection for what they expect at the end of 2020. Not terribly surprising, Boise State is the only team featured from the Mountain West.
Chris Murray continues to churn out the tough topics this spring. Even if things go perfectly this fall in terms of football in COVID-19 times, the Mountain West faces another major hurdle on the field: rampant inexperience, new coaches, and no off-season to prep. Mountain West football saw a major overhaul this past winter with new head coaches. New head coaches who didn’t have a spring ball to bridge the gap to fall, and are largely inheriting teams with inexperience. Could be a rebuilding season for the conference.
A 4-star center according to 247 Sports, the Aggies aren’t allowing the unfortunate cancellations of spring 2020 to hamper their future. Another big addition for the Aggies.
Huge step toward football happening this fall
Sources: The NCAA Division I Council voted to approve voluntary athletic activities in football, MBB and WBB to start June 1st and go through June 30th. There had been a moratorium on that through May 31st. Other sports will be acted on on a later date.— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) May 20, 2020
Wyoming AD speaks
Had a nice phone call with UW AD Tom Burman, & here is some big news:— Michael Katz (@MichaelLKatz) May 20, 2020
1) As of right now, he believes UW will have a football season
2) Student-athletes will begin coming on campus in waves starting June 1. They will quarantine 2 weeks
3) There's been no talk of cutting programs
Serbian joins Bronco basketball
Aztecs are playing football this fall
On The Horizon:
- Coming Today: High-Flying Rams in 2021?
- Coming Today: Evaluating Boise State quarterback position
- Coming Friday: MWCConnection Roundtable: Thoughts on players benefitting from their image and likeness.
- Coming Friday: The Best Falcon Athlete of All Time