It’s Monday and we’re back with another week of original content for you. Kicking things off today is are the latest news and updates from around the web.
NCAA president Mark Emmet spoke to SI at the end of last week and stated it will likely be a very unusual year for fall sports. Rules could be relaxed. Not all schools may be open and able to play. Nothing concrete can really be decided so many months in advance, but everyone is preparing for the fall of 2020 to look like nothing seen before.
Desiree Reed is the athletic director for UNLV. She is reportedly being considered for the same position at UCLA. This article lays out all the (obvious) advantages a school like UCLA would have over a school like UNLV. Hint: it’s got a lot to do with $.
How and when will college sports return?
Evaluation Period Update by the NCAA
Parents and Athletes fyi..NCAA information on summer ball pic.twitter.com/99qjlgJ9gB— Matakas (@Matakas12) May 8, 2020
Fox posts this and everyone lost theirs minds.
On the horizon:
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, filled with the latest news and offers.
- Later today: The Nevada football position preview continues with linebackers.
- Coming Tuesday: Another edition of The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Starting today, this column will begin looking at games from previous seasons.
- Coming Tuesday: Unanswered Questions: NBA Draft Combine
- Coming Wednesday: Peak Perspective: Recruiting Comparisons.