It’s Monday and we’re back at it. There was a ton of Mountain West news over the weekend and our site is packed with content coming your way this week.
UNLV tops SDSU, the first to do so this year.
In what can only be called a huge upset, the Rebels bested the Aztecs for one night. This is the first lost for San Diego State and UNLV looks like a great team come conference tourney time.
More thoughts on transfer proposal.
The end of last week brought a number of articles all around the internet sharing thoughts and opinions on the new transfer proposal that is gaining traction seemingly by the day. This is one of the latest posts and it comes from more of a Group of 5 perspective. Read what Michael Katz, a Wyoming beat writer, has to say on the subject.
Ram in the papers.
Off-season news, outside of spring ball updates, usually isn’t good. This one fits the bill as well. Let’s hope these kinda of updates are few and far between over the next few months.
Spartans coming out with a big win before they even take the field.
San Jose State gets USC instead of Georgia: easier travel, better chance to compete, better for fans ... and $3.5M (approx) for the swap.— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) February 21, 2020
Nice work, Spartans.
Congrats to our 2020 Women's Swimming & Diving Champions, @SDSUswimdive!#GoAztecs pic.twitter.com/KXIDr5G0e0— Mountain West (@MountainWest) February 23, 2020
On the horizon:
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, starting to look ahead to the 2021 MWC class.
- Coming Tuesday: Another edition of The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. This one reviews the 2020 recruiting classes.
- Coming Tuesday: The Recruiting Breakdown series continues with Utah State.
- Coming Wednesday: Peak Perspective: The 2019 Out of Conference Review.
- Coming Wednesday: The Recruiting Breakdown series continues with a look at Nevada.