Welcome to another Monday. Check out what happened in the MWC world over the past few days and what is coming your way on the site this coming week.
Utah State pulled away late against Fresno State on Saturday to claim a 12 point victory. It gave the Aggies their 21st win and was the kinda of game that builds good experience for them come tourney time.
Kris Martin was removed from the Colorado State basketball starting lineup way back shortly after the start of the season. However, that didn’t keep him from getting minutes and it has not kept him from impacting the game and starring in his role for the team.
The Aztecs continued their winning ways and move one stop closer to a number one seed in the NCAA tourney. They started strong, had a pretty big lead by halftime, and then closed the game strong. It was a complete game effort that was never really in question.
MWC in rare company.
1️⃣ of only 3️⃣ conferences to have an undefeated team in conference play on both the men's and women's side pic.twitter.com/gtHVtRlj49— Mountain West (@MountainWest) February 14, 2020
Schmidtt getting pre-season hype.
On the horizon:
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, featuring the best position groups by team in the 2020 MWC class.
- Coming Tuesday: Another edition of The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. This one reviews the 2020 recruiting classes.
- Coming Tuesday: The Recruiting Breakdown series continues with San Jose State.
- Coming Wednesday: Peak Perspective: One Bid Wonder?
- Coming Wednesday: The Recruiting Breakdown series continues with a look at Air Force.