It’s Monday and we are back at it following the holiday football weekend. Check out our links below and our original content coming this week.
It was a long 22 days in between games for Wyoming, full of cancelled games and dashed hopes. The Cowboys took the lead on the second play from scrimmage and they never relinquished the lead. The running attack was working early, late, and everything in between (which shouldn’t surprise anyone). And the defense was suffocating against a Rebels team that continues to struggle and have a revolving door at quarterback.
More like the offense did. The defense did their job, holding Colorado to 20 points while scoring a TD themselves. The offense however, was held to just a field goal for the entire game. SDSU was forced to start their original-starter-now-benched quarterback and went to their #3 at one point as well, but it didn’t matter. Their running game wasn’t able to do much either.
Nevada has been playing with fire the past few games and late Saturday night, they finally got burned. Their offense continued it’s sputtering ways, in large help from a Hawaii defense that took away deep routes all game and continuously double-teamed star WR Romeo Doubs. Do-it-all athlete Calvin Turned made a difference rushing, receiving, and returning, accounting for 152 all-purpose yards.
The biggest conference game that never was.
Due to an upward trend of COVID-19 cases and contact tracing within the Boise State program, the Broncos are unable to participate in the game on Nov. 28 vs. San José State.— Mountain West (@MountainWest) November 28, 2020
Therefore, the MW is canceling the game and declaring it a no contest. There is no plan to reschedule. pic.twitter.com/E0HGcKtwn4
MBB and WBB postpone games prior to starting the conference.
Due to positive COVID-19 cases within the CSU MBB program and a pause in team activity until Dec. 2, the two-game series between the Rams and SDSU on Dec. 3-5 has been postponed.— Mountain West (@MountainWest) November 27, 2020
The rescheduled dates will be announced once finalized by the Conference and both institutions. pic.twitter.com/5CK3hHuERp
The two-game series between the Boise State and New Mexico women’s basketball teams has been rescheduled to the week of March 1.— Mountain West (@MountainWest) November 28, 2020
The rescheduled dates will be announced once finalized by the Mountain West and both institutions.#MWWBB pic.twitter.com/MY4YvU1k74
On the horizon:
- From yesterday: Don’t miss the game recaps from New Mexico, Utah State, UNLV, and Nevada, with Hawaii coming later today.
- Later today: MWCConnection POTW: Week 6
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, filled with the latest news and offers, plus a glance at Wyoming recruiting.
- Later today: Power Rankings: Week 6
- Coming Tuesday: What’s Going on at Utah State?
- Coming Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: Week 6
- Coming Tuesday: Peak Perspective: What does the MWC Championship picture look like?
- Coming Wednesday: Peak Perspective: Chances Each Head Coach Returns Next Season.
- Coming Wednesday: Bowl Predictions: Week 6