Another week, another recruiting roundup.
With the season in full swing and being in a state of an eternal dead period, expect recruiting to be pretty slow through at least the rest of November. Since on campus visits cannot occur, it makes sense for recruiting to be slow during the season.
This past week saw seven new verbals in to the Mountain West (although one of them a silent commit), with Wyoming getting four of those. Air Force and Nevada had the other two, but it’s the Cowboys who take the cover photo this week.
Class of 2021 Cover Photo Total:
- Air Force: 8
- New Mexico: 5
- Boise State: 4
- Colorado State: 4
- Nevada: 3
- San Diego State: 3
- UNLV: 3
- Wyoming: 3
- Fresno State: 2
- SJSU: 2
- Hawaii: 1
The dead period is still alive. But based on what the NCAA is allowing, it seems more like a contact period to some degree, as coaches can have unlimited calls and video meetings during this time.
Update: The Dead Period has been extended through March 2021.
Air Force Commitment Tracker:
Looks like it’s time to bring this back. Since the Air Force Academy regularly has around 100 commits in each class, it’s kind of fun to track them over the course of the year.
Number of Falcon verbal commits: 52
A Glance At Wyoming Recruiting:
The Cowboys have steadily increased their recruiting rankings in each year under head coach Craig Bohl. Last year they put together a class earlier in the cycle, but this year has been back to their slow and methodical process.
In the 2021 cycle, Wyoming has 10 verbal commits, ranking 11th in the Mountain West and 126th in the country according to 247 sports. Thus far, they are doing a good deal of work in Texas, their normal state of Illinois, and they have found players in a few other states as well, including Wyoming.
Running back Jordon Vaughn has the potential to be a big-time player in Bohl’s scheme and is their top rated recruit by a wide margin. Recent commit Jaylen Sargent gives them the size they like to have at the wide receiver position. Likewise, they have found some size on the offensive line to develop for the future.
Looking ahead, they can use reinforcements in almost every position. Quarterback, probably another receiver and o-lineman, then some defensive linemen, a few more linebackers and maybe another defensive back. There is no reason to hit the panic button yet, but the bulk of this class is still to come.
- TE Liam Hoffmeyer was offered by Air Force
- DB Alexander Green was offered by Air Force
- DB Zion Washington was offered by Boise State
- 2022 RB Zeke Burnett was offered by Fresno State
- 2022 ATH Tanner Salisbury was offered by Fresno State
- 2022 DE Jahzon Jacks was offered by Fresno State
- 2022 DL Sir Mells was offered by Fresno State
- 2022 WR/DB Jomarion Briggs was offered by Fresno State
- WR Aramoni Rhone was offered by New Mexico
- TE Gus McGee was offered by SDSU
- 2022 RB Lucky Sutton was offered by SJSU
- LB Andrew Jones was offered by UNLV
- DE Troy dela Vega committed to Air Force
- OL Dion Daniels committed to Air Force
- An unknown player committed to Nevada
- WR Jaylen Sargent committed to Wyoming
- OL Caden Barnett committed to Wyoming
- DT Will Evans committed to Wyoming
- DE Micah Young committed to Wyoming
- DB Ore Adeyi decommitted from Boise State
- DE Nick Dimitris recommitted to UNLV
Follow @Mike_SBN on Twitter for all the latest recruiting news and updates.