It’s Monday and we are back after a weekend full of football games!
Boise State was without their starting QB and S, then injuries to their starting RB, NT, and DE all occurred within the game. However, they kept rolling and won pretty handily by the end of it. The Falcons offense couldn’t be stopped in the first half but were mostly neutralized in the second half.
Carson Strong picked up right where he left off last week, continuing to throw the ball with ease in the Wolf Pack offense. Romeo Doubs has turned into legitimate weapon and the offense is going to be tough to stop going forward. UNLV looked improved from last week and they settled into a groove a bit on offense.
San Jose State is now 2-0 after their QB’s big day against New Mexico. The big-armed quarterback, paired with a solid wide receiver unit proved to be a winning combination. Starkel threw for 467 yards and 5 touchdowns. It’s their best start in 33 years.
New Mexico team going to Vegas?
BREAKING: UNM football has planned to relocate to Las Vegas, Nevada next week to practice & prepare for its next game at Hawaii Nov. 7, UNM AD Eddie Nunez said. The Lobos are relocating due to prevalence of COVID-19 in Bernalillo County that restricts their training. More to come— Steve Virgen (@SteveVirgen) October 30, 2020
New Mexico bowl going to Texas?
Because of COVID restrictions in New Mexico, New Mexico Bowl may be moved to Texas this season, sources told @Stadium— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) October 30, 2020
Broncos with some movement in the polls.
On the horizon:
- From yesterday: Don’t miss the game recaps from Hawaii, Nevada, SJSU, New Mexico, Utah State, UNLV
- Later today: MWCConnection POTW: Week 2
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, filled with the latest news and offers, plus a glance at San Diego State recruiting.
- Later today: Power Rankings: Week 2
- Coming Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: Week 2
- Coming Wednesday: Peak Perspective: The Most Mountain West player on each team.
- Coming Wednesday: Bowl Predictions: Week 2