Monday again. Take a look back at the games from over the weekend and what’s coming your way this week.
San Jose State kept this one close for about a half, but the deliberate and effective Air Force offense proved too much, as Falcons got back in the win column this week. It was the Falcon defense that rose to the challenge, stopping the Spartans all four times they went for it on fourth down.
The talking point going into the game was Hawaii not being able to win in Reno in recent years. Once the game started, that talk didn’t last long. The Rainbow Warriors completely ran the Wolf Pack up and down the field, turning in not only a great offense output (54 points), but also a strong defense showing (3 points allowed).
The Cowboys got back on track this week as they opened conference play. Their QB/RB rushing attack was working once again and the passing game was even a bit more efficient. On the UNLV side of things, it went from bad to worse this week. They’ll need to find some answers and soon.
After beating NMSU in a shoot-out last week, the offense forgot to show up this week. They only managed 10 points, although the defense did their job, allowing only 17. These are the kind of losses that make it difficult to justify retaining the head coach past this season. (Although the head coach was still not on the sideline as he recovers from a medical emergency).
Broncos still ranked
On the horizon:
- Game recaps: Make sure you didn’t miss recaps on from the weekend: Hawaii, Nevada, Wyoming, plus more coming out later today.
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, with October Team Recruiting Rankings
- Later today: Week 5 Power Rankings.
- Coming Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly Week 5.
- Coming Tuesday: Week 5 Game of the Week Recap.
- Coming Wednesday: Week 5 Bowl Projections.
- Coming Wednesday: Peak Perspective: College Football’s QB Conundrum.