Take a look at the news we have for you today in what is becoming a busy week in the Mountain West.
Boise State women win back-to-back MWC basketball championships
Boise State clinched its second consecutive Mountain West regular season championship in women’s basketball on Sunday night with a win against UNM. The Broncos have a 24-4 regular season record, but they will still likely need to win the Mountain West tournament to earn a spot in the NCAA tournament. The Mountain West tournament takes place next week.
New bowl destination for Mountain West Champion
New bowl games and conference tie-ins for the 2020 football season were announced on Tuesday. Unless chosen for a New Year’s Six bowl, the Mountain West Champion will now head to the new Los Angeles Bowl at Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood Park.
San Diego State opens spring practice
The Aztecs are introducing a new offensive scheme this spring as they test out the spread offense. Quarterback Ryan Agnew is excited about the change after running a similar offense successfully in high school. Credit coach Rocky Long for adapting the offense underachieving last season.
Keep track of Wyoming football’s 2020 recruiting class as it develops
CSU among best at producing wide receivers
That mark ranks 5th all-time in the PFF College Era (2014 to present).— PFF Draft (@PFF_College) March 5, 2019
1. Rashard Higgins, Colorado St (2014) 4.54
2. Michael Gallup, Colorado St (2016) 4.34
3. Amari Cooper, Alabama (2014) 4.25
3. Davante Parker, Louisville (2014) 4.25
5. Andy Isabella, UMASS (2018) 4.15 https://t.co/6RVVO0mGaY
On the horizon:
- Later Today: Mountain West Bracketology: Week 9 Nine
- Later Today: Peak Perspective: Is the CBB Regular Season Pointless or Perfect?
- Coming Thursday: Boise State Spring Preview: Special Teams
- Coming Thursday: Stats Corner: Ripping Down the NET
- Coming Friday: Another week of MWC Baseball Power Rankings