It’s Monday and football bowl games are back this weekend! Plus this little event called Signing Day on Wednesday.
A three year extension plans to keep Brent Brennan leading San Jose State through 2024. This is following successful season (by their standards), seeing a 4 win improvement and a 5-7 record. Brennan has always been respected and appreciated at the program by players, coaches, and administrators alike and now that wins and improvement came in a Year 3, an extension make sense.
The longest MWC coaching search may be coming to an end very soon. Things have been kept quiet compared to other conference teams. It seems to be down to Danny Gonzales and Curtis Luper. Either would be a strong hire but Gonzales has ties to the program and that may end up giving him the edge.
Details on the Arroyo contract.
Marcus Arroyo has a five-year contract that begins at $1.5 million and escalates to $1.6 million by the end.#UNLVfb— Mark Anderson (@markanderson65) December 13, 2019
MWC with a pair of All-Americans.
Aztecs continuing to dominate.
☑️ 10-0 start— Mountain West (@MountainWest) December 13, 2019
☑️ Top 25 ranking
☑️ Game-winning shot@JKurtz_MWN chats with San Diego State Junior @malachi_flynn3 about @Aztec_MBB and helping lead the team to national prominence.#GoAztecs pic.twitter.com/qsoaFE9qa4
On the horizon:
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, the last one before Signing Day
- Later today: The Bowl Edition of The Game of the Week Prediction.
- Coming Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly Bowl Preview Edition.
- Coming Tuesday: MWC 2020 Signing Day Tracker
- Coming Wednesday: Signing Day. Keep watch for all updates as players announce commitments and sign with teams.