Finally Friday. Start your weekend early with some MWC related reading.
New Mexico getting pay-day games to fund coaching buyouts.
UNM football has finalized a guaranteed money contract with Oklahoma for 2026, Eddie Nunez said today. The contract is for $1.6 million. $250K is set to come to UNM April 2021. That money is also set to help pay for Davie's buyout.— Steve Virgen (@SteveVirgen) December 10, 2019
Lobos adding lots of games going forward.
We have added three big names for four games to future schedules!— New Mexico Football (@UNMLoboFB) December 11, 2019
✈️ @AuburnFootball in 2024
✈️ @OU_Football in 2026
✈️ @BeaverFootball in 2027
@BeaverFootball in 2028https://t.co/KNY3MRHtzI#GoLobos pic.twitter.com/qthR8Hcqsu
Mountain West MBB... All they do it win.
Falcons Coach Vaughan being honored.
This is probably way way way down the line, but...
A Power 5 AD in New York this week said a specific 8-team playoff model is circulating around the CFB world that would incorporate bowls, including a bowl-sponsored national championship game.— Ross Dellenger (@RossDellenger) December 11, 2019
- 5 auto bids for P5 champs
- 2 at-large
- 1 Group of 5 https://t.co/tTo387Udah
On the Horizon:
- Keeping checking back on our Player Movement Tracker and Coaching Carousel posts for daily updates.
- Next Wednesday is signing day. We will release our Signing Day Tracker Tuesday evening, and will update it continually on Wednesday.
- Starting next Thursday and lasting until January 3rd, our “Recruiting Road So Far” series will begin, detailing what each team did on signing day and what each team still has to do before February.