Happy Monday and welcome to another week of MWC news.
Running back Ronnie Rivers led the way in this shoot-out against the Rainbow Warriors. Hawaii made it interesting late, with a comeback led by reserve QB Chevan Cordeiro, but it wasn’t enough. Rivers had two scores to go along with 103 rushing yards and the Hawaii defense couldn’t get stops.
San Jose State came to play. For much of the first half, it didn’t look like Boise State did. But their rushing attack came alive and true freshman George Holani scored 4 TDs to secure a 10 point victory. Josh Love and the wide receivers formed a fantastic passing attack in the close loss for the Spartans.
The Air Force defense showed up in a big way in this academy matchup. With their win, they made sure Army would not become bowl-eligible this season. This kind of defense in key moments was missing in the Navy game and it’s good to see the growth of the Falcons as the season has gone on following their two losses early in the season.
Sad Injury Updates
Gary Andersen confirming that David Woodward will be out the rest of the season. Big loss for Aggie defense.— Scott Garrard (@ScottyGZone) November 3, 2019
We are aware of reports of QB Sean Chambers’ injury being worse than previously thought. We have heard similarly but have not been able to confirm. When asked about it, a Wyoming spokesman said the subject would be discussed at Monday’s press conference.— Michael Katz (@MichaelLKatz) November 2, 2019
MWC in the polls.
On the horizon:
- Game recaps: Make sure you didn’t miss recaps on from the weekend: Boise State, UNLV, Hawaii, SJSU, plus more coming out later today.
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, with November team recruiting rankings.
- Later today: Week 10 Power Rankings.
- Coming Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly Week 10.
- Coming Tuesday: Week 10 Game of the Week Recap.
- Coming Wednesday: Week 10 Bowl Projections.
- Coming Wednesday: A new Peak Perspective: Boise State Future Scheduling.