Fresh off a football-packed weekend, it’s the start of the final week of the regular season. This past weekend’s games decided much of the fate of the conference. A few teams with bowl hopes were officially eliminated. More importantly, Hawaii and Boise State won their unofficial “semi-final” games and will represent each division in the MWC Championship game.
Not one, but two missed FGs (the first one didn’t count due to a time out) at the end of the game by San Diego State sealed their fate. Hawaii and their non-intentional two quarterback system will go to the MWC Championship game. Just like the fortunate teller Rolo hired at Media Days predicted.
At one point, early in the first quarter, this game was tied 7-7. By the end of the first quarter, Boise State had a 100-yard rusher, 21 points, and the game firmly in hand. It was their most complete effort of the season, as all three sides of the ball scored. They will be to the MWC Championship for the third year in a row. the season, as al
A rivalry win in hand and boot on foot. Or something like that. Freshman QB Levi Williams came in and contributed to the Border War victory over Colorado State. LB and senior leader Logan Wilson had a huge interception to seal the game late and also made sure the Cowboys finished 4-0 in their careers against rival Rams.
QB Donald Hammond III stole the show Saturday. He accounted for five total touchdowns, four passing and one rushing, with 368 total yards. The Falcons have been strong all season and they showed it again this game, making sure this one didn’t stay close against the Lobos. They will aim to win their finale this coming weekend and reach ten wins.
MWC in the polls.
On the horizon:
- Game recaps: Make sure you didn’t miss recaps on from the weekend: Wyoming, Hawaii, Boise State, plus more coming out later today.
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup.
- Later today: Week 13 Power Rankings.
- Coming Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly Week 13.
- Coming Tuesday: Week 13 Game of the Week Recap.
- Coming Wednesday: Week 13 Bowl Projections.
- Coming Wednesday: A new Peak Perspective: Colorado State Schedule Czar.