Recruiting never stops, although this could be considered a lighter week, especially for November. Offers, visits, and commits still occurred, but at a lower frequency than earlier this month. Teams are heading in to the last week of the regular season and many are gearing up for the Contact Period, or “Recruiting Season” which will be full force next week. UNLV seemed to have the most complete week, with both offers and visits. They take the banner this time around. Signing Day is less than a month away. Until then, see what happened this past week.
2019 Cover Photo Total:
- San Jose State: 6
- Air Force: 5
- Colorado State: 5
- UNLV: 5
- Nevada: 4
- Wyoming: 4
- Boise State: 3
- Utah State: 2
- Fresno State: 1
- Hawaii: 1
- New Mexico: 1
Evaluation period through November 30th.
Starting Sunday December 1st (and lasting until December 15th), we will enter the time of year known or the Contact Period. This is the time of year where contact between recruits and coaches is at it’s highest point.
December 1 through February 1, 2020 [except for (1) and (2) below]: Six in-person off-campus contacts per prospective student-athlete shall be permitted during this time period with not more than one permitted in any one calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) or partial calendar week:
Obviously there is the Dead Period in the middle of these two months, but for now let’s focus on the contact. This is when coaches (including the head coach) can conduct in-home and in-school visits to a recruit. It’s not uncommon to see coaches visit a large amount of players each week as they travel all over the country. On campus official visits will still occur as well.
Air Force Commit Tracker:
Since the Air Force Academy routinely has near 100 commits each year, let’s start tracking the number and see how it rises between now and February.
- The Falcons are at 49 known commits.
JUCO DB Grid Isidore (UNLV)
- “The best part about my visit was seeing how much they are building for the football program, mainly the facilities and the new stadium. And then being around a coaching staff that has experience, and knows what they talking about was pretty cool. The coaches were just telling me that they need guys. Injuries play a big part of needing depth, plus seniors are graduating, so coaches could see me playing a big role. And they coach the players how college athlete supposed to be coached, not too hard but so that the players will understand what their assignments are. The players seem to like the program and they are already ready for a new season and new start. I could see myself helping to change the culture there, and bringing more guys in as well. I have visits Tulsa, and Texas State scheduled.”
QB Cooper McCollum (New Mexico)
“It went great! Didn’t leave with an offer, but spent 2 hours after the game talking offense with Coach Dailey. They have 3 QBs on their list that they are still evaluating. He will come watch next week after their season ends. I enjoyed the facilities and hearing their vision for upgrades. And watching film and talking offense with Coach Dailey for 2 hours after the game was cool. Very nice of him to do that after they had just lost. Very genuine and honest. I currently run a lot of the same concepts that he wants to run. They are barely scratching the surface with the offense right now and he wants to keep growing it. He wants a quarterback that can throw the RPO and also make plays when things break down. And I am good at both of those things. Although I’m still learning and there is room to learn from him. So I think I match up well with what he is looking for.”
QB Luke McAllister (Colorado State)
“I love the coaching staff and the program. I looked at the roster and I have a pretty good chance at playing early. It’s also close to home so my family can come watch.”
- OL Brendan Tuholski was offered by Air Force
- TE Noah Patty was offered by Air Force
- DE Ethan Rodriguez was offered by Hawaii
- RB Daveon Hunter was offered by Nevada
- 2023 ATH Ian Duarte was offered by SJSU
- JUCO DB Grid Isidore was offered by UNLV
- JUCO TE Stacey Marshall was offered by UNLV
- 2023 ATH Amini Amone was offered by Utah State
- QB Cooper McCollum visited New Mexico
- JUCO DB Grid Isidore visited UNLV
- QB Luke McAllister committed to Colorado State
Follow @Mike_SBN on Twitter for all the latest recruiting news and updates.