Monday again. Take a look back at the games from over the weekend and what’s coming your way this week.
This article looks at every single hit the freshman QB has taken this year (before the game from this past week) and broken it down into what happened and who was responsible. 65 times in 4 games is an absurd pace that can’t continue. So what needs to improve?
San Jose reached three wins on October 4th. This may not seem like a huge hurdle, but it’s the most wins the team has had under Brennan and actually matches their total from the past two seasons combined. With two-thirds of the season left to be played, more wins should be in store. And maybe even a bowl birth?
Stop me if you’ve heard this before, but the Aztecs defense led the way towards a win Saturday night. Three interceptions and one big stand on the goal line were enough to shut down the Rams offense. RB Juwan Washington returned and contributed with a TD catch. The Aztecs are slowly, methodically piling up wins.
A QB change didn’t count for much on Saturday, although Oblad did find his game a bit in the second half. What other changes are needed in what is quickly becoming a disappointing season for UNLV? And will the whispers of a coaching change become louder if the losses keep coming?
Broncos rise in the polls.
On the horizon:
- Game recaps: Make sure you didn’t miss recaps on from the weekend: San Jose State, Boise State, plus more coming out later today.
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, with the latest news and updates.
- Later today: Week 6 Power Rankings.
- Coming Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly Week 6.
- Coming Tuesday: Week 6 Game of the Week Recap.
- Coming Wednesday: Week 6 Bowl Projections.
- Coming Wednesday: a new Peak Perspective.