The ever-changing landscape of the Mountain West stops for no one. Check out some articles highlighting a few of the games from the weekend.
In what most thought would be a close game that would reveal who was still competing for the Mountain division. To the surprise of many, the Falcons dominated the game and in doing so, may have exposed Utah State as more of a pretender than a contender.
Wyoming started strong, played strong in the middle, and finished strong. That enabled them to cruise to a 31-3 win over Nevada. Depth at running back has taken a hit in recent weeks for the Cowboys, but their running attack prevailed this week. Sophomore running back Xazavian Valladay looked dominant as he gained 280 total yards. The passing game showed up as well, with two QBs combining for 221 yards. Wyoming may be figuring things out.
In the battle of two teams in desperate need of a win where only one could be victorious, Colorado State came out on top. It may not be enough to save the season for the Rams, or even the job of the head coach, but for one night, Colorado State made everything right in their program. Patrick O’Brien, Warren Jackson, and Marcus McElroy led the offense and the defense did just enough.
San Jose State takes care of Army, with big help from this play.
MWC in the polls.
On the horizon:
- Game recaps: Make sure you didn’t miss recaps on from the weekend: SJSU, Hawaii, Wyoming, plus more coming out later today.
- Later today: A new MWC Recruiting Roundup, with the latest news and updates.
- Later today: Week 9 Power Rankings.
- Coming Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly Week 9.
- Coming Tuesday: Week 9 Game of the Week Recap.
- Coming Wednesday: Week 9 Bowl Projections.
- Coming Wednesday: A new Peak Perspective: Who’s going bowling?