Now that we are on this side of the new year, the world of recruiting is coming to life again.
The dead period will be ending this week. According to the official NCAA website, recruiting will be back in full force on January 10th (starting at 12:01 am). That will continue until February 3rd, when a one-day quiet period will be a followed by a dead period in preparation for Signing Day on Wednesday February 6th. Between Jan 10 and Feb 3rd, coaches will be able to conduct in-home visits again. Keep on eye on which recruits get visits the first Thursday and Friday, as that will be a clue as to who the coaches are prioritizing. Also, weekend official visits will resume. Looking at the calendar, there will be opportunities for four weekends to host recruits on official visits. Expect quite a bit of action over the next month.
Recruits Still on the Board:
LB Jackson Cloyd:
- He said he’s expecting a very busy month for himself recruiting wise. Still waiting to see what a few schools say before finalizing visits yet.
DB Brandon Shivers
- Tells us he has no visits scheduled currently but sounds like some things are in the works.
JUCO LB Waylen Cozad
- Says he is hearing from a variety of schools, including: Nevada, New Mexico, Kent State, Boise State, Cal, and New Mexico State.
JUCO DB Tobias Gilliam
- Gilliam says he is hearing a lot from Akron and Utah State. He has a visit to Utah State before Signing Day.
ATH Jammal Bell
- Is scheduled to visit Fresno State on the 11th and Colorado on 25th and then plans to make his decision. The decision will be between those two schools and Nevada. The factors important to Bell are a place feels like home, getting a great education, and get on the field quickly as possible.
WR DK Blaylock
- He plans to visit Boise State, Kansas, and North Texas before signing day, according to what he told MWCConnection. Update: He tweeted he will be visiting Boise State January 18th.
K Ryan Fitzgerald
- Read what he told MWCConnection two weeks ago.
- 2020 RB/LB Andy Alfieri was offered by Air Force
- WR/DB Luc Sturbelle was offered by Air Force
- WR/DE Richard Kinley II was offered by Colorado State
- WR/DB Red Jones was offered by Nevada
- 2020 WR/CB Jayden Dixon-Veal was offered by Nevada
- 2021 Jamier Johnson was offered by Nevada
- JUCO WR RaJae’ Johnson was offered by UNLV
- JUCO WR Brandon Pierce was offered by UNLV and Utah State
- JUCO DB Tobias Gilliam was offered by Utah State
- JUCO CB Taquelin Harris was offered by Utah State
- 2021 WR Dayjiohn Wheeler was offered by Wyoming
- Jammal Bell will visit Fresno State January 11th
- WR DK Blaylock has told us he is in works to set up a visit to Boise State this month.
- LB Luring Paialli has decommitted from Fresno State
Follow @Mike_SBN on Twitter for all the latest MWC recruiting news and info.