Happy New Year’s everyone! Thanks for following along with us the past year as we strive to bring you the best coverage of the Mountain West we possibly can. Last week I was sharing some article links with a coworker and that gave me an idea. Why don’t we revisit some of our more memorable posts from 2018 as a way to revisit the year. Some of these are on here because they were some of our most viewed posts this year. Some are on here because they were very original or well thought out posts. And some were on here just because they were fun or interesting ideas.
Anyway, here are 15 posts from the past year that stand out for one reason or another. Hope you enjoy this trip down memory lane and that you’re looking forward to what’s to come in 2019 as much as we are!
- This was one of our first posts from last season and it still holds true. College football is just more enjoyable.
- One of our bigger posts of the year, we identified who were the 10 best recruits coming to the Mountain West. This post also landed us spot on a Boise radio station to discuss the players and our process in choosing them. The 2019 top 10 will be coming out in February.
- One of the most polarizing players in last year’s draft class, here was our take on him leading up the draft.
- We lay out the argument for why college athletes should be paid and why we as fans bear some of the bear blame for how it led to this.
- This was probably the most in-depth and time consuming article to write, but also one of the most fun and worthwhile pieces to write. Their program will continue to pay dividends going forward for its players.
- Want to know what it takes to be a QB coach? We dove into it in this interview.
- Another one of best posts of the year, we got an exclusive sneak peak into Nevada’s recruiting and how they landed the core of their class to early this season.
- We did a multitude of posts to kick off fall camp, with our preseason all-MWC team and team previews and media days coverage. We picked this general preview, but it really encompasses all of our team’s great work back in July/August.
- I wrote some ramblings on my favorite parts of game days during college football season.
- We took an analytical approach to evaluating the 2nd year coaches in the MWC.
- I traveled out to Boise for a game this season and had a wonderful time. I walk through my first time attending a MWC game.
- This was easily the most fun we had this year working on an article. Also, I’d boldly say we pretty much nailed the majority of these.
- In what has become the biggest weekly post on our site, it all started back in June with a review of the 2017 Vegas Bowl. It was difficult to chose just one of these, so we went back to the beginning.
- Look for a follow up on this article this offseason to see who had the better 2018 football season.
- It’s only a matter of time and we laid out a few options of what that could look like.