As the bye week has progressed, I have been looking though Boise State’s stats from this year and previous years and I have come to some interesting conclusions. See what I have learned below:
- Boise State has not had more than seven players catch a touchdown since the Fiesta Bowl season of 2014. This year, seven players have caught touchdown passes through three games.
- Through three games, Brett Rypien has thrown for 1047 yards and 10 touchdowns. If he continued at the pace:
12 games: 4188 yards, 40 touchdowns
13 games: 4537 yards, 43 touchdowns
14 games: 4886 yards, 47 touchdowns
The school record for yards in a season is 4,356 (Ryan Dinwiddie)
The school record for touchdowns in a season is 43 (Kellen Moore)
- The school record for yards in a career is 14,667 (Moore). If Boise State played a 14 game season and Rypien continued at his current pace, he would finish his career with 14,762 yards. I think this one is a long shot, but interesting nonetheless.
- Some interesting stats for receivers:
12 game projections
Sean Modster: 68 catches, 1,188 yards
AJ Richardson: 48 catches, 800 yards
John Hightower: 40 catches, 712 yards
CT Thomas: 52 catches, 592 yards
- Rushing projections are not so encouraging
Alexander Mattison: 156 carries, 896 yards
- Projections are a little harder to do with defense, but here are a few:
Deandre Pierce: 72 tackles
Durrant Miles: 12 sacks
Jabril Frazier: 8 sacks
Shout out to broncosports.com for always keep the record book updated.
Hope you guys enjoyed some bye week stats. I will update these after game six.