Game week is spread out over three days this week. Here is part one, with one game today and four more on Friday. Take a look below to see who is playing, when, and what to look for.
How to Watch:
Thursday, August 30th
UC Davis vs San Jose State (8:00 PM MT) | Coverage:
Friday, August 31st
Utah State vs. Michigan State (5:00 PM MT) | Coverage: Big Ten Network
San Diego State vs. Stanford (7:00 PM MT) | Coverage: FS1
Portland State vs. Nevada (7:00 PM MT) | Coverage:
Colorado vs. Colorado State (7:30 PM MT) | Coverage: CBS Sports Network
What to Watch For:
- Can the Spartans show signs of life in year 2 of the Brennan era? They can get some momentum going with an opening win against UC Davis.
- The Aggies draw an extremely tough opening game. However, can they show they are as good as some are predicting? Look for the little things in this game that could contribute to wins as the season goes on.
- The Aztecs pulled off an upset last year by beating Stanford at home. Can they repeat their performance with a new running back while playing away from home this year? A win against a P5 team would certainly go a long way, not only for San Diego State, but for the MWC in general.
- Nevada also looks to make a jump in year two of the Norvell era. Can the offense pick up where they left off last year? An impressive win will go a long way to believing the Wolf Pack are turning into something.
- Ah, the rivalry game. Expect a hard fought battle when the Buffs and Rams play. Colorado State gets them at home this year. Will the offense pick up where they left off with grad-transfer QB Carta-Samuels? Will get over the 7 win hurdle? A win over in-state rival Colorado would certainly be a great start.
Join the discussion before, during, and after the games by sharing your thoughts on these questions and more in the comments below.