Welcome to the last week in the dead of summer. MWC Media Days are next week and fall camps will start at the end of the next week. The end is in sight, but until then, here are some links to keep you going.
This takes a look at the job statues of every FBS head coach. They rate their job status from 0 (untouchable) to 5 (win or be fired). Most of the MWC is safe, with a few deemed pretty safe (Boise State, Fresno State, SDSU). However, Davie at New Mexico is rated a 5 and Sanchez at UNLV is at a 4. That’s pretty much how we’ve summed up their job security as well.
This was highlighted last week, but SBNation decided to weigh in as well. They outline three potential candidates on staff that could be the secretive defensive coordinator.
The review is in and it sounds like change is good. Season 3 of Last Chance U has lots of bright moments. The new coach is a hit, his relationship with former 5 star FSU QB Malik Henry is made for TV drama, and oh yeah, the games are fun to watch too.
This one looks at what the game would look like this year. Team ratings are in; Boise State is an 84 overall, tops in the conference. Fresno State is 79, SDSU is 78. At the bottom, San Jose State is 3rd-worst at a 61 and Hawaii is a 65. They also mention UNLV as a top team to start a dynasty mode with.
Top MWC 2019 Draft Prospects.
Top Mountain West players for the 2019 NFL Draft I've watched so far:— Rob Paul (@RobPaul54) July 12, 2018
1. Andrew Wingard, S, Wyoming
2. Alexander Mattison, RB, Boise State
3. Carl Granderson, ED, Wyoming
4. Brett Rypien, QB, Boise State
5. Ryan Pope, OT, San Diego State
On the horizon:
- Later today: Our weekly MWC Recruiting Roundup, featuring some quotes with new commits.
- Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly reviews the back and forth Boise State/Colorado State game from last year.
- Wednesday: Doug takes a look at which teams have the best position groups in the MWC?
- Friday: The MWC Roundtable discusses who has the best defense in the conference.