The news continues to roll on as we inch a bit closer to football season.
Great news as the Mountain West Conference has three of the top six seed times for the Women’s 5000M. Go Lobos and Broncos!
Underdog dynasty poses a good question. Which G5 school has the best chance of having College GameDay show up for one of our games. Our own San Diego State at Boise State game is featured as one that could be. What do you guys think? Chime in down in the comment section.
SB Nation has a wonderful rundown of the benefits from the controversial ruling that the Supreme Court handed down in regards to sports betting. It has cleared the way for sports betting outside of the state of Nevada. New Jersey and others will look to capitalize on this.
For member of the Pack McGee wins another championship.
Speaking of the Wolfpack, former player of the Nevada Wolfpack just got another ring in the NBA as the starting Center for the Golden State Warriors!
This means more money. The most money in the conference to be exact, topping the contract Adidas gave Nevada last week. If you want the full story, read the article from the link. If you just want the quick numbers, see below.
Bit of breaking news: Boise State athletics will extend its contract with Nike, which is currently set to end June 30, 2019. Extension will be for six years. School currently gets $1.225M per year, tops in Mountain West.— Dave Southorn (@davesouthorn) June 12, 2018
On the horizon:
- Later today: Change of plans. Our content is back-loaded this week. So today we will feature a small blurb about what to expect over the summer and into football season.
- This week: Grant takes a deeper look at the Vegas Bowl rumors and what that means for the Mountain West.
- Friday: The Roundtable debates if the AAC or the MWC has the edge as the top Group of 5 conference.
- Friday: The Friday Night Lights series takes a look at South Oak Cliff HS in Texas.
- Friday: Another look at the state of the MWC concerning recent events. This post will examine potential steps some of the top teams in the conference could or should take.