This week in the Mountain West, we saw a bit less offers get handed out compared to the past weeks. However, the number of visits was definitely up as Air Force, SJSU, and UNLV all appeared to have Junior Days this weekend. Due to this, Air Force takes the headline picture. Read about one of their visitors, as well as this week’s Featured Recruit below:
Featured Recruit: WR Melquan Stovall
- 5’10, 180lbs
- Serra HS (transferred from Paraclete HS)
- MWC offers: San Jose State
MWCConnection: As a player, what do you feel are your biggest strengths?
Stovall: My biggest strengths are my explosiveness, my speed, and also my footwork/hands. I know how to get off the ball and get back on the top of my routes.
MWCConnection: On the flip side, what would you say are some areas of your game you are focusing on improving during this offseason?
Stovall: I’m focusing on perfecting my craft, like getting back on top of my routes, crisping up my routes and using my arms as much as possible. Plus, getting in and out of my break.
MWCConnection: Is there a team you are hearing from the most right now or teams you think may be close to offering?
Stovall: I’ve been talking to the whole Pac-12 and Miami University, University of Montana, Texas El Paso, Texas Tech, Air Force, Army, Utah State, and Fresno State.
MWCConnection: Do you have plans to visit any schools this spring?
Stovall: I’m planning on going to visit Arizona State, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas Tech, Wyoming, Colorado State, Northern Colorado, Utah, Utah State, BYU, and Southern Utah all this spring. As of now, the plan for the summer is to visit: Fresno State, San Jose State, Cal, UC Davis, Sac State, Oregon, Oregon State, Portland State, Washington, Eastern Washington, Washington State, Idaho, Boise State, and Nevada.
DB/LB Chad Welsch (Air Force)
“The facilities were beautiful! The benefits after football were something I can’t overlook. Also, the coaching staff were all welcoming and knew what they were doing. Overall the environment was 2nd to none. My family and I got to sit down and have lunch with Coach Calhoun. He said right now they want me to come up in the summer for a camp. They liked my film And he’s coming down during spring to see me some more.”
Report this message sent 37 minutes ago from Chad WelchDelete this message sent 37 minutes ago from Chad Welch
- DB Javin Wright has been offered by Air Force
- ATH Zachary Larrier has been offered by Air Force
- DB Shamar Martin has been offered by Nevada
- TE Hayden Hatten has been offered by Nevada
- WR/CB Demarcus Griffin has been offered by SDSU
- WR Taj Davis has been offered by SJSU
- DE Na’im Rodman has been offered by SJSU
- 2020 DT Stanley McKenzie has been offered by SJSU
- ATH Zachary Larrier visited Air Force
- OL Hunter Hoyt visited Air Force
- DB/LB Chad Welch visited Air Force
- RB/LB Jack Miles visited Air Force
- TE Alec Pell visited Boise State
- JC Alexis Ramon visited SJSU
- OL Zac Welch visited SJSU
- JUCO WR Kyle Jarvis visited SJSU
- QB Tripp Mitchell visited UNLV
- DT Shawn Nielsen visited UNLV
Make sure to follow @Mike_SBN on Twitter for all MWC recruiting news.