In this week’s edition of the recruiting roundup, there was another flurry of offers. Nevada and San Jose State led the way with 7 each, but Nevada gets the title of team of the week recruiting-wise (which basically amounts to the headline picture) because they offered more 2019 recruits, with the Spartans offering two 2020 recruits.
This week will also begin a new feature to the roundup, at least through the spring when visits and commitments can be few and far between. MWCConnection will start featuring a different recruit, highlighting recruits with lots of MWC offers to their name. Will these recruits end up at a MWC school or will their recruiting explode between now and next February? Who knows but it will be interesting to follow anyway.
Featured Recruit: TE Brad Archer
- 6’4 240lbs (per Hudl)
- Livermore High School, Livermore California
- MWC offers: Fresno State, Nevada, SJSU
MWCConnection: As a player, what do you feel are your biggest strengths?
Archer: I like to think that my biggest strengths is my size, my hands, my ability to block as a TE, and I am able to go up and get the ball
MWCConnection: On the flip side, what would you say are some areas of your game you are focusing on improving during this offseason?
Archer: My biggest thing I need to improve my speed. I’ve been working out with a trainer for that for awhile now and it’s making a difference.
MWCConnection: Would you consider yourself more of a blocking TE or receiving TE at this point?
Archer: I see myself as both. But if I had to chose it would be as a receiving TE.
MWCConnection: Are any of those 3 MWC offers standing out to you so far, especially being from Cali? Do you have plans to visit these or any other schools this spring?
Archer: I’m honored with each of my offers so far and as of right now, I don’t have any visits planned.
MWCConnection: Is there a team you are hearing from the most right now or teams you think may be close to offering?
Archer: I’m also hearing from Cal, Washington, and Oregon state.
- ATH Alec Pell was offered by Air Force
- WR/DB Terrell Howard was offered by Air Force
- RB Decarlos Brooks was offered by Air Force
- LB Zach Bowers was offered by Air Force
- LB Braxten Croteau was offered by Air Force
- OL Taylor Miterko was offered by Boise State
- OL Preston Wilson was offered by Boise State
- OL Cole Birmingham was offered by Boise State
- DB Keithan Gooden Jr was offered by Colorado State
- CB Paul Edwards was offered by Colorado State
- RB Austin Jones was offered by Fresno State
- DB Brock Jones was offered by Fresno State
- QB Alex Padilla was offered by Nevada
- TE Bradley Archer was offered by Nevada
- LB Connor Solle was offered by Nevada
- OL Dohnovan West was offered by Nevada
- QB Josh Calvin was offered by Nevada
- DB Maurice Wilmer was offered by Nevada
- LB Michael Shawcroft was offered by Nevada and SJSU
- LB Jhasi Wilson was offered by SJSU
- DT Beaux Tagaloa was offered by SJSU
- LB Cole Aubrey was offered by SJSU
- LB James Pauli was offered by SJSU
- 2020 QB Jaden Casey was offered by SJSU
- 2020 RB/LB Junior Walling was offered by SJSU
- DB Shamar Martin was offered by Utah State and Fresno State
- TE Kyle Helbig was offered by Wyoming
- ATH BJ Johnson was offered by Wyoming
- JUCO RB Stone Matthews visited Boise State
- OL Nathan Peterson visited SJSU
- TE Kyle Helbig visited Wyoming
Make sure to follow @Mike_SBN on twitter for all MWC recruiting news.