This article is dedicated to updating the latest happenings in regards to the coaching carousel in the MWC.
So be sure to check here daily for the latest news.
Colorado State: Recruiting Director
Nevada: Director of Recruiting
New Mexico: Director of Recruiting, Linebackers
- Boise State promoted Jeff Schmedding to Defensive Coordinator and Spencer Danielson to Co-DC. They also hired Zac Alley as their inside linebackers coach.
- LB coach Kevin Cosgrove is leaving to be a defensive analyst at LSU.
- DC Andy Avalos has left Boise State for the same position at Oregon.
- Colorado State hired Nick Jones as TE coach and co-special teams coordinator.
- CSU Recruiting Director Kelsea Winkle is leaving for the same position at USC.
- Nevada has hired Jackie Shipp as their DL coach.
- Colorado State: Air Force Nick Jones will join the staff as WR coach per the Athletic
- New Mexico: Dan Carrel will join the staff as LB coach per the Athletic
- Fresno State announced four coaching changes. Ryan Grubb will be the OC and OL coach and associate head coach. Danny Langsdorf will be the QB coach and passing game coordinator. Will Plemons will be the DL coach, and Roman Sapolu will serve as the assistant OL coach.
- Fresno State hires Roman Sapolu as their OL coach. Comes from Idaho State.
- Colorado State promoted Joey Guarascio to Strength Coach
- Jay Niemann has been hired by Wyoming as the Linebackers coach.
- Klayton Adams is leaving Wyoming to be the assistant OL coach for the Colts.
- San Diego State hires Brady Hoke as Defensive Line coach.
- San Diego Sates hires Ron Caragher as TE coach/passing game coordinator
- Colorado State hires Anthony Perkins as CBs coach.
- New Mexico Safeties coach Jordan Peterson has been promoted to DC.
- Coach Lawson is reported to no longer be on staff. It is currently unknown if he was resigned or fired.
- CSU WR coach Alvis Whitted will take the same position with the Green Bay Packers.
- Wyoming made lots of updates today. Shannon Moore was announced as the TEs/FBs coach. Safeties coach Jake Dickert is promoted to Defensive Coordinator. Defensive Ends coach AJ Cooper is promoted to defensive run-game coordinator.
- Colorado State Strength coach Ryan Davis is leaving for Maryland
- CB Coach Lewis left Colorado State for Boston College
- Mark Orphey was named the Utah State CBs coach.
- Nevada DL coach Jason Kaufusi is expected to join the UCLA staff.
- Wyoming DC Scott Hazelton will be named the DC at Kansas State tomorrow, according to 247 sports.
- New Mexico has named Joe Dailey their new OC and QB coach.
- Jamar Cain is leaving Fresno State to do go Arizona State.
- OC/QB Coach Kalen Deboer is leaving Fresno State to become the OC at Indiana.
- New Mexico hired Scott Holsopple as the new Director of Athletic Performance
- Boise State hired Jeff Schmedding to be their OLB and Co-Special Teams coach.
- Boise State also made many changes to their staff. RB coach Lee Marks is the other Co-Special Teams Coordinator. Coach Riddle will focus solely on coaching the Tight Ends. Coach Kiesau is promoted to co-offensive coordinator. Coach Danielson will coach the Defensive Line and DC Coach Avalos will coach inside LBs.
- Alex Collins is leaving his position at Nevada for another position.
- Wyoming Fullbacks/Tight Ends coach, Mike Bath, is leaving to coach running backs at Western Michigan.
- Air Force hires former Texas Tech DL coach.
- A shake-up for Wyoming at OL Coach. Scott Fuchs is out and former Colorado OL coach, Klayton Adams, is in.
- Another New Mexico opening. OC and RB coach Calvin Magee is leaving to join the Ole Miss coaching staff. He only joined the Lobos this past year.
- New Mexico Director of Recruiting Mitchell Kleinschrodt will become the Head Coach at Ellsworth Community College.
- Boise State hired Jalil Brown as their CB coach. If you look at 1/2, you’ll see he just accepted the job as the Utah State coach for the same position. That spot opens back up.
- Boise State CBs coach is leaving for the same position at Georgia Tech.
- Utah State hired a CB coach today.
- Gary Andersen has named his son as Director of Player Personnel.
- San Jose State has hired Scott White as LB Coach.
- Utah State’s interim coach for the New Mexico Bowl, Frank Maile, will return as Assistant Head Coach/Tight Ends Coach.
- HC Gary Andersen will coach the Defensive Line according to this.
- TJ Woods will coach the Offensive Line at Utah State.
- Utah State announced that Mike Caputo as Safeties Coach.
- Jordan Hicks will be the Strength & Conditioning Coach at Utah State.
- Utah State announced Stacy Collins will remain on staff, coaching the Running Backs and Special Teams.
- Utah State has announced the hiring of Jason Phillips, who will be the WR coach and passing game coordinator.
- Utah State is set to hire Mike Sanford at their OC/QB coach.
- Wyoming offensive coordinator, Brent Vigen, is considered a candidate at North Dakota State.
- Gary Andersen is planning to hire Justin Ena from Utah as his DC.
- TJ Woods is coming back to Utah State from Western Kentucky.
- USC has reportedly hired Boise State DL Coach Chad Kauha’aha’a.
- Utah State officially hired Gary Andersen as their Head Coach.
- Boise State DL “Coach K” is drawing interest from Utah State and USC.
- SBNation is confirming the Andersen back to Utah State report as well.
- Expect an announcement tomorrow from Utah State.
- It appears that Utah State is getting close to a decision on their next head coach.
- Seems that Boise State WR Coach, Eric Kiesau, is not getting the Northern Arizona job.
- Matt Wells will be taking more of his staff from Utah State to Texas Tech.
- Boise State WR Coach, Eric Kiesau, is a top candidate for the Northern Arizona job.
- A familiar face is expected to become the coach at Utah State.
- Former Colorado State head coach, Jim McElwain, is the new coach at Central Michigan.
- In the wake of Matt Wells leaving for Texas Tech, Utah State has named Frank Maile as the interim coach for the bowl game. Also, Wells is expected to take most of his staff with him to Texas Tech.
- Some early names being thrown around as replacements for Matt Wells at Utah State.
- New Mexico AD Eddie Nunez announced coach Bob Davie will return next season.
- Tony Sanchez is returning to coach UNLV in 2019.
- Matt Wells is reported to be in negotiations to become coach at Texas Tech.
- Matt Wells to Texas Tech is being reported as a done deal. He’s also taking OC David Yost and DC Keith Patterson with him according to the Salt Lake Tribune.
- Former Colorado State head coach, Jim McElwain, is considered a strong candidate for the Central Michigan opening.
- Matt Wells is thought to be the leader for the Texas Tech job.
- After a tough finish to the season, Rocky Long plans on evaluating his football program, including the coaching staff.
- Mike Bobo does not plan on making any changes to his coaching staff.
- Mike Bobo is returning to Colorado State in 2019.
- Matt Wells name has been connected to the coaching search at Colorado.
- Wells is also being called one of two “leading candidates” in regards to the Texas Tech job.
- In addition to Wells, Tedford and Harsin have been speculated as candidates for the Colorado job.
- After beating Nevada to end the season, Tony Sanchez is expected to be back at UNLV next season.
- While Bob Davie intends to coach in 2019, New Mexico has not formally announced that Davie will coach the Lobos in 2019 after New Mexico finished 3-9 (1-7 MWC) two seasons in a row.
- As Jeff Tedford continues to do a marvelous job at Fresno State, his name is likely to come up in coaching searches. Some speculation on how to keep Tedford in Fresno.
- After consecutive losing seasons, Calhoun might be on the hot seat in 2019.
- Also, former Nevada football coach, Brian Polian, is a leading candidate for the Bowling Green job.