How to Watch:
Friday, October 5th
Utah State vs BYU (7:00 PM MT) | Coverage: ESPN 2
Saturday, October 6th
Navy vs. Air Force (1:30 PM MT) | Coverage: CBS Sports Network
San Diego State vs. Boise State (1:30 PM MT) | Coverage: ESPN U
New Mexico vs UNLV (2:00 PM MT) | Coverage:
Fresno State vs. Nevada (8:30 PM MT) | Coverage: ESPN U
Colorado State vs San Jose State (8:30 PM MT) | Coverage: CBS Sports Network
Wyoming vs. Hawaii (9:59 PM MT) | Coverage:
What to Watch For:
- Utah State: Some people still aren’t sure what to think of the Aggies (hint: they are good), but that’s nothing compared to not knowing how good the Cougars really are. Hopefully this week reveals the true talent of both teams more.
- Air Force: Playing the other academies are big rivalries for the Falcons. Beating Navy could help turn their season around.
- Fresno State: Business as usual for the Bulldogs. They’ve found a winning formula and need to keep tuning up before the meat of their conference schedule. Can they not look past Nevada?
- Nevada: Of course every team plays to win, but going up against the defending division champs will be a good measuring stick for where the Wolf Pack is at, where will they measure up?
- New Mexico: How will the Lobos respond to their disappointing homecoming loss? They need to show life.
- UNLV: In their quest to a bowl birth, this is a game the Rebels have to win. Can they keep building on their good start?
- San Diego State: Can they make noise with backups starting at QB, RB, and FB? Their defense should keep them in the game, but for how long?
- Boise State: Can the Broncos get the run game going? It will be tough against Rock Long’s defense.
- Colorado State: Tough times get a relief this week against a winless SJSU team. Can the Rams get a week of good feelings with a win?
- San Jose State: See above. Definitely the most winnable game left on the Spartans schedule.
- Wyoming: It’s the same story until further notice. Their defense will keep them around, but their offense needs to keep pace with the Bows, not an easy task for anyone, let alone a struggling offense.
- Hawaii: Can their offense get back to it’s early season success? It won’t be easy against a tough defense. Will their defense rise or fall to a struggling Cowboy offense?
Join in the discussion in the comments section.