Want to get caught up on the latest recruiting news in the Mountain West conference? You’ve come to the right place. This past week, a good number of offers were handed out, a few visits were taken, plus a few new commits entered the fold. And we’ve got it all for you in one convenient post. Take a look below to see the updates as well as quotes from various recruits. Utah State picked up a new one following their big visit weekend last week, so they take the photo banner today.
DL Dean Rice (Utah State)
“I committed just because the feeling of brotherhood and the way the coaches had an impact on the players really just made me feel welcomed. I also really loved the weather there. The coaches not only taught them about football but they taught them how to be men. I heard so many former players tell me about how coach Frank Maile saves their lives. That really stuck out. These coaches are really influencing these players to be great men and football players and I can’t wait to be a part of that process. I’m not quite sure where I’ll be playing. The coaches talk about me playing DE but I’m not 100% sure on that. I just know it’s somewhere on the DL. I do know they really like my athleticism.
DB Caleb Roberson (Wyoming)
“I decided to commit because of the family feel of the team and players. Plus, the coaches showed that they actually care about their players and developing them, and my family loved what we saw and learned up there. In general the coaches came up to me and welcomed me and always made sure I was good. My position coach, Coach Richardson explained to me how every time the corners meet they talk about life and make sure everyone is doing good and school is good. That showed me he really cares about his players. They plan to put me up against the opponents fastest WRs because they know I can run with them. Currently, I’m playing more man coverage on my high school team. I would say Wyoming is getting a hard-working, dedicated young man. I love competing and can’t wait to get out there and show what I can do.”
LB Remedy Akotue (Boise State)
“I had a great visit! The game was phenomenal and the experience I had over there was very cool. The visit definitely changed my mind about just keeping my options in state for commitment. I liked hanging out with the players. It was really fun and cool to be able to hang out outside of football. Learning things from them that could help me earn playing early in the upcoming season. I did get to talk to the coaches a lot. Specifically the defensive coaches and coach Harsin. They would have me at the Stud Position. Defensive end/linebacker. They like how I rush and it’s only gonna get better if I go there. The coaches gave me life lessons and just showed me what position I’d be playing if I were to go there. Before, I was mostly thinking to stay in Utah. But right now, Boise State is at the the top of my list. Not sure on when I’m going to commit, but I have a visit scheduled to Utah State at the end of November.”
WR Alex Brown (Wyoming)
“I think the highlights were the game, the photo shoot, and hanging out with my host. He said it’s really like a family type of culture. and how the coaching staff is great and football isn’t the only thing that they care about. They care about how your growing as a person and they care about your life outside of football and your well being. We just kinda talked about the culture at Wyoming, and why the coaches are there and what their core values are as a program. They like my size and my hands. To go up and get the ball and to just really make an impact on the team.”
- OL/DL Zachary Gieg was offered by Air Force
- ATH Michael Axelrood was offered by Air Force
- WR Michael Hilts was offered by Air Force
- WR Shea Whiting was offered by Boise State
- DB Deven Jarvis was offered by Boise State and SDSU
- WR Keric Wheatfall was offered by Fresno State
- WR/DB Joshua Kelly was offered by Fresno State
- OL Liam Dick was offered by Fresno State
- JUCO OL Jonathan Nathaniel was offered by Fresno State
- JUCO TE Raymond Pauwels was offered by Fresno State
- WR David Clayton was offered by Hawaii
- JUCO OL Scott Breslin was offered by New Mexico
- JUCO DL Jordan Whittley was offered by SDSU
- 2020 DE/TE Jaymax Jacobsen was offered by SDSU
- LB Remedy Akotue visited Boise State
- OL Cade Briggs visited New Mexico
- CB Corey Tate visited New Mexico
- WR Alex Brown visited Wyoming
- RB Ontario Russell was not able to visit Wyoming, as previously reported.
- ATH Hunter Williams committed to Air Force
- DL Dean Rice committed to Utah State
- CB Larenz Redd committed to Utah State
- CB Caleb Roberson committed to Wyoming
- Keep on eye on Fresno State verbal Deven Jarvis, who picked up offers from Boise State and SDSU this week. It would not be surprising to see him make use of his official visits.
- San Diego State sure had an uptick in offers this week. Look for them to start hosting more official visitors in November and after the season concludes. Ditto Fresno State, who also hasn’t had many official visitors during the season.