The Mountain West Conference released the 2018 men’s and women’s regular season and conference tournament schedules Tuesday morning.
The tournament will run from Wednesday, March 7 through Saturday, March 10. All games will be played in Las Vegas at the Thomas & Mack Center, home of the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels.
Here is the complete tournament schedule:
- First Round #1 - Wednesday, March 7 - 11am PT
- First Round #2 - Wednesday, March 7 - 1:30pm PT
- First Round #3 - Wednesday, March 7 - 4pm PT
- Quarterfinal #1 - Thursday, March 8 - Noon PT
- Quarterfinal #2 - Thursday, March 8 - 2:30pm PT
- Quarterfinal #3 - Thursday, March 8 - 6pm PT
- Quarterfinal #4 - Thursday, March 8 - 8:30pm PT
- Semifinal #1 - Friday, March 9 - 6pm PT
- Semifinal #2 - Friday, March 9 - 8:30pm PT
- Championship - Saturday, March 10 - 3pm PT
The gap between Friday’s semifinals and Saturday’s championship remains the same as the 2017 tournament. With Colorado State and Nevada meeting in the final while operating with six-player rotations, the turnaround time between the semifinals and the championship game was noted and discussed. It appears, for now, that the Mountain West will retain the same tip-off times as used in previous seasons.
TV partners have yet to be announced, but the 2017 tournament was televised by both CBS Sports and Campus Insiders.