Nevada Wolf Pack forward Cameron Oliver is our second overall player in this year’s Mountain West Connection Countdown.
Oliver, a sophomore by the way of Sacramento, California, returned to school after testing the NBA Draft waters without hiring an agent in April. He was the centerpiece in Nevada’s run to a CBI title, recording 13.4 points, 9.1 rebounds (team high) and 2.6 blocks (team high) per game. Oliver is also an exceptional defender that ranked 44th nationally in block percentage and 98th in defensive rebounding percentage.
With Oliver’s return and the addition of incoming transfers Jordan Caroline and Marcus Marshall, many project Nevada to contend with San Diego State for an MWC title and, ultimately, its first NCAA Tournament bid since 2007. Most NBA Draft analysts expect Oliver to stay in the NBA Draft pool at the conclusion of this season, so it is important that the Wolf Pack maximize its potential with a talent like Oliver still on the roster.
Oliver was named to the Mountain West first team last month and will play a substantial role in Nevada’s potential return to the Big Dance.
- 2: Cameron Oliver, Nevada
- 3: Tim Williams, New Mexico
- 4: Gian Clavell, Colorado State
- 5: Trey Kell, San Diego State
- 6: Jalen Moore, Utah State
- 7: Emmanuel Omogbo, Colorado State
- 8: Marcus Marshall, Nevada
- 9: Jeremy Hemsley, San Diego State
- 10: Nick Duncan, Boise State
- 11: Jason McManamen, Wyoming
- 12: Hayden Graham, Air Force
- 13: Malik Pope, San Diego State
- 14: D.J. Fenner, Nevada
- 15: Brandon Clarke, San Jose State
- 16: Karachi Edo, Fresno State
- 17: Lindsey Drew, Nevada
- 18: Cullen Russo, Fresno State
- 19: Zylan Cheatham, San Diego State
- 20: Trevor Lyons, Air Force
- 21: Chandler Hutchison, Boise State
- 22: Alan Herndon, Wyoming
- 23: Paris Austin, Boise State
- 24: Shane Rector, Utah State
- 25: Koby McEwen, Utah State